Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263141 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Perhaps, I am not sure but what I do know from Dirge's Hasbro 20th Anni Prime is that despite the battle damage, the paint is of a much greater quality on that figure.
    Slightly edited:

Takara:

MP01 (no battle damage paint-wise, long stacks)
    - 1st release has the best QC and paint application.
    - 2nd release has known issue of legs easily "detaching" from body, as well as poorer paint job.

MP04 (similar to MP01 but with trailer, also stickers inside the arm communicators have been replaced.)
    - 1st release does not seem to have the legs detaching issue, but has crappy paint job and QC such as paint chips.
    - 2nd release has recently been released in HK (and Target AU?)

Hasbro:

20th Anniversary Prime
    - pretty much same QC as MP01 1st release, but with short stacks and extra battle damage paint application.

"DVD" Prime with crappy talking base
    - complete repaint with different shade of red and new yellow details but no chrome. Very crappy QC and paint job. Also short stacks.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    "DVD" Prime with crappy talking base
    - complete repaint with different shade of red and new yellow details but no chrome. Very crappy QC and paint job. Also short stacks.
    As well as head frequently popping off... (I recall seeing this in every single "DVD" Prime in the stores )

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    As well as head frequently popping off... (I recall seeing this in every single "DVD" Prime in the stores )
    The head never came off mine until I took it off deliberately. The feet do tend to come off easy on mine.

My MISB DVD Prime still has his head attached.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle boy View Post
    The head never came off mine until I took it off deliberately. The feet do tend to come off easy on mine.
    I believe it's more a design issue with the feet rather than QC. My MP01 1st release does have his feet coming off from time to time.

The exact same Target that I found Kup's MP-04 in had a grand total of, wait for it, 20 MP-04's in stock today! Yes, you read that right! 20 MP-04's!

That many MP-04's on the top shelf sure is an impressive sight!
    So 20 MP-04's x $200 = $4000! Woah!!!

But seriously, that's alot of money for one toy! Does Target Rouse Hill honestly expect to sell all of them?

Maybe at the sale price? I'm guessing it will be $160 or less.

I layby'd one at Target Chermside a couple of hours ago. There are still none on display but I got a call almost a week ago to pick him up and I am pretty certain they haven't sold all 20 yet so there should be more around somewhere...

The box was in pretty good condition too - would have been A1 but had a couple of minor impressions on the back side edges.

PS don't bother looking there for the Prime blaster rig that went on sale today - they were already out by this arvo

Quote Originally Posted by DigDug View Post
    PS don't bother looking there for the Prime blaster rig that went on sale today - they were already out by this arvo
    A local Target had the exact same notice up too in the TF section. Are they referring to the Crappy Prime blaster & FAB 2-pack? How the hell are those things so damn popular?

Sorry, it's this piece of sh#t http://www.target.com/Optimus-Prime-.../dp/B000PWK52G isn't it?
    Last edited by Pulse; 19th June 2008 at 06:28 PM.

Just saw a pair at Target Maroochydore. Does anyone even live near there? I come up periodically as my girl's folks live near here.

Sorry, it's this piece of sh#t http://www.target.com/Optimus-Prime-.../dp/B000PWK52G isn't it?
    The very same I knew exactly what you meant when you said piece of sh#t but couldn't resist taking a look at the link anyway