• Only buy it if cheap

6 20.00%
  • Don't buy it

1 3.33%
  • Doesn't interst me

4 13.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Review: 2010_001 ROTF Lockdown

I like the earth mode vehicles - I just cant take him seriously.

I know there are probably other ROTF figures that are not true to life. A convincing earth mode is what i like in my Transformers. The majority of my entire Transformer collection have realistic alt modes, with some exceptions of course.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    I like the earth mode vehicles - I just cant take him seriously.
    just think of it as Mad Max/Transformer crossover then it works really well

Beautiful! The paint apps are particularly well done on a line which lacks it. I simply can't wait to get my hands on this. His face looks excellent. So too are all the details around his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    just think of it as Mad Max/Transformer crossover then it works really well
    This is true!

Im going to buy either the animated version or this one regardless- I dont hate the mold but i think ill probably get the animated version- maybe
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

It's still a better robot in disguise than any of the movie Megatrons!

Personally this ROTF alt mode is like a soup'edup muscle car that has all these bad ass mods on it. I like it. Even my gf thinks he looks really mean. For a car tf to exude so much personality from just the alt mode I think that's greAt!!

Also here's a link to another persons review that properly showcases the hasbro gray...
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-lockdown.html

I think I am finally beginning to come to terms with the fact that massed produced hasbro toys will never have the paint apps and plastic choices (hasbrogray) I will necessarily like off the bat. Not bad or wrong, just the economics of it all. I will just have to make the toy the way I want it to be.

I was looking at that link earlier today and was thinking just how far my own henkei rockdown has come in the past few weeks.

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Contrary to some of the other comments I like this guys face more than Animated Lockdown now that I've seen it.

Your pics make him look good, but I'm not totally convinced, I bought Animated Lockdown and he was a lemon, so now I'm suspicous of all Lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Contrary to some of the other comments I like this guys face more than Animated Lockdown now that I've seen it.

Your pics make him look good, but I'm not totally convinced, I bought Animated Lockdown and he was a lemon, so now I'm suspicous of all Lockdowns.
    I like him muchly and the photos speak for themselves IMO(minus some silverinv up you can see in comparison shots.) that said I don't think I emphasized enough how Awesome his neck joint is... Just awesome!!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

i saw this guy in person today and before i did, i was humming and hurring about getting him but now i have to have him he is a really really cool figure

Finally got to fiddly with my own RotF Lockdown and boy oh boy was I not dissapointed. This is one awesome tribute to the Animated version. In fact I think I prefer this Lockdown now.

The vehicle mode is absolutely brilliant mimicing the original with smoother curves and less pronounces proportions to make it more realistic. The paint job (along with the other wave mates and tbh all recent RotF figures) is truly excellent.

The conversion is actually quite different to the Animated version and was awesome to see some asymmetrical conversion for the arms. In short bloody good. Although the shoulders can get tricky to place.

Robot mode pays a perfect homage to the Animated version standing just as tall and lanky as its Animated brethren complete with the headlights as the feet, his hook, and that cobra shaped head. This time round they gave him a hook for the right arm with no hands although it has a nice moving piston for it. The EMP/engine is still present and can be attached on his arm, although i can't see any way to attach it to the new Ratchet. The highlight for me is the head. Lightpiped and is actually 3 separate sections. The head itself is on a double ball joint onto a mid neck piece which is also on a double ball joint on a lower neck piece which is on a rotating joint. Quite simply the best articulated TF head I've had the pleasure of handling. The finer details on the sculpt helps bring out detail on his arms thighs and neck. If there's a downer, it has to be the arm kibble. its not major but the side windscreen and door is just there. Also, while the legs have really good articulation the arms have very little. Which is the opposite to the animated version.

Overall this is definately moved to my top figure of any line. Although I do have a lsight bias snce Lockdown is my fave TF figure ever. But this is one impressive figure. Both engineering and asthetically. Whoever thought of making a RotF version of him ought to be commended coz you sir/madam deserve all the cookies in the world!
    Last edited by Stompy; 8th February 2010 at 12:07 AM.