Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3040454647484950

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Worth undertaking the impossible in tracking down Botcon rainmakers, or waiting for a chance they'll be made in War for Cybertron as tetrajet repaints?
    I have the Botcon Rainmakers. They are a pretty nice set for G1 CHUG collectors. I paid $150 for mine when they were brand new and I feel they were worth it, but I have no idea what they sell for now.

BTW: I hate that the set is called Rainmakers when they are actually S1 E1 characters and not from the episode where Acid Storm and his colleagues were seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Depends on whether you want the actual Rainmakers or cool variants of the Classics Seeker mould.

Botcon's Sunstorm, Bitstream and Hotlink are apparently not the same green, purple and yellow Rainmaker characters you get to see for 30 seconds in "Divide and Conquer". https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rainmaker

They're actually supposed to be the generic background Seekers from episode 1 that you see for 2-3 seconds: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bitstream_(G1).
    Yes, the flamethrower goons are who I was referring to. Problem is all my seekers are classics mould so far. There are also the neon guys who have no official toys yet in that mould. Very interested in how many characters they squeeze out of the tetrajet mould, considering how slow it was with Classics Starscream. Exclusives too.

It’s pretty exciting, if we do end up with saucer Bumblebee and golf cart Wheeljack, to make a good diorama of sorts for MTMTE P1.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Yes, the flamethrower goons are who I was referring to. Problem is all my seekers are classics mould so far. There are also the neon guys who have no official toys yet in that mould. Very interested in how many characters they squeeze out of the tetrajet mould, considering how slow it was with Classics Starscream. Exclusives too.

It’s pretty exciting, if we do end up with saucer Bumblebee and golf cart Wheeljack, to make a good diorama of sorts for MTMTE P1.
    I don't think we'll ever see a mould exploited in the same way generations starscream was exploited ever again. Don't forget, many of the uses of that mould were club exclusives and the club isn't here to produce all those wacky exclusives any more. Not to mention the notoriety of the character and his team of 3 + 3. having a Hasbro version and a Takara version that was different for each of those characters makes an instant 12 variants. And with the brand generalisation this last year, the likelihood of future Takara product being different has diminished dramatically.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't think we'll ever see a mould exploited in the same way generations starscream was exploited ever again. Don't forget, many of the uses of that mould were club exclusives and the club isn't here to produce all those wacky exclusives any more. Not to mention the notoriety of the character and his team of 3 + 3. having a Hasbro version and a Takara version that was different for each of those characters makes an instant 12 variants. And with the brand generalisation this last year, the likelihood of future Takara product being different has diminished dramatically.
    I agree it would be cool if the new mould received similar treatment, but UM is spot on. Classics Acid Storm shelf-warmed for a very long time, which seemed to wipe out any chance for the other Rainmakers to make it to a general release. If the one or all of the team has been given more attention in the comics I might have higher hopes, however they have yet to be officially named.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

In any event, whatever definition of Rainmaker or extra background seeker you want, the only one we've even a sniff of seeing is Acid Storm.

He's the only one that gets official toys.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Lately I've been mulling over getting the dark brown version of RotF leader Jetfire that came with the Jetpower two-pack with Optimus, since its colour scheme is more screen accurate than the standard blue, but now that the Studio Series has been announced I'm not sure what to do regarding Jetfire at all

Depending on how it looks in actual photos, I may or may not sell off my old Jetfire, although I currently have something of a soft spot for the mould. Should I get the brown Jetfire anyway, or wait until the Studio Series version is closer to release and buy that instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Lately I've been mulling over getting the dark brown version of RotF leader Jetfire that came with the Jetpower two-pack with Optimus, since its colour scheme is more screen accurate than the standard blue, but now that the Studio Series has been announced I'm not sure what to do regarding Jetfire at all

Depending on how it looks in actual photos, I may or may not sell off my old Jetfire, although I currently have something of a soft spot for the mould. Should I get the brown Jetfire anyway, or wait until the Studio Series version is closer to release and buy that instead?
    If you've got a version of the mould already, it's probably worth waiting. I have one copy, the one in the two pack, that I'm yet to open. now I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or sell it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)