Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Bumblebee Movie (2018) - release dates and details

Saw it this morning with my six year old daughter, she loved it. I loved it too, everything what I expected and a bit more, certainly not a blueprint for future TF films though, but stands up very well on its own. Captures the emotion between human and bot similar to Terminator 2, I won't go on more than that for now.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I saw it with my son this evening and apart from technical issues (movie screen shutdown due to electrical storm for 15 mins) we loved the movie. My son was a little confused at the start when he kept saying "no daddy, that looks like Starscream not Blitzwing". If a 5 year old even thinks it was Starscream, I don't know what they were going for calling him Blitzwing.

Apart from that, there is definitely a lot of G1 love in the movie. My son loved it as he is used to the 80s cartoon so he recognised most of them. Big thumbs up.
    Last edited by Raider; 20th December 2018 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I saw it with my son this evening and apart from technical issues (movie screen shutdown due to electrical storm for 15 mins) we loved the movie. My son was a little confused at the start when he kept saying "no daddy, that looks like Starscream not Blitzwing". If a 5 year old even thinks it was Starscream, I don't know what they were going for calling him Blitzwing.

Apart from that, there is definitely a lot of G1 love in the movie. My son loved it as he is used to the 80s cartoon so he recognised most of them. Big thumbs up.
    My daughter said it was Starcream too.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Looks like Japan has an official release date now - March 22nd... a quarter of the year after the rest of us.

For those who know the movie review site Rotten Tomatoes, the sixth Transformers movie looks to end up with a "fresh" rating, with 94% of reviewers giving it "fresh" (and a number rating average of 7.1 out of 10)... compared to 15% to 57% for the previous five.

Event cinemas have a Bumblebee snack combo, with special popcorn bucket and drink cup.

The Bumblebee movie has been given an extension on its release in China. Usually western movies are only allowed a month in mainland China, but they can apply to have an extension of a month, and it looks like the Bumblebee Movie might have been approved.

DVD/BR release dates are now known, both here and America... but for some reason, it will be released digitally some two weeks earlier.

March 19th - digital release (might just be in America).
    April 2nd - hard copy release in America.
    April 3rd - hard copy release in Australia (according to the JBHifi website)

The contents of the US combo pack that might be released here as well, with these bonus items...

BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD COMBO, BLU-RAY COMBO & DIGITAL*

• Sector 7 Archive
      • Agent Burns: Welcome to Sector 7
      • Sector 7 Adventures: The Battle at Half Dome (All-New Motion Comic)

• Deleted and Extended Scenes
    • Outtakes
    • Bee Vision: The Transformers robots of Cybertron
    • Bringing Bumblebee to the Big Screen
      • The Story of Bumblebee
      • The Stars Align
      • Bumblebee Goes Back to G1
      • Back to the Beetle
      • California Cruisin’ Down Memory Lane

I like that they have included Deleted and extended scenes, as it gives us a look at some of the earlier workings or ideas... or painfully teased with something that we would have preferred have been included.

Still three weeks until the Bumblebee movie is released in Japan, and a restaurant chain has a special promotion, with a number of prizes and novelty items on offer.
    It is also worth noting the Japanese Bumblebee Movie Page, as they have these sorts of promotions listed there... although, their cast page isn't up to date, as it still lists the American voice actors (the Japanese voice actors have already been announced).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    DVD/BR release dates are now known, both here and America... but for some reason, it will be released digitally some two weeks earlier.
    That's becoming more of a thing.
    I'm guessing to try to combat piracy.

The Incredibles 2 was released digitally at least 2 weeks prior to the hard copy release.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)