Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516

Thread: Price matching toys

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Jay, if you do put together a set of stuff as a 'toy chaser's survival pack', can you post up scans or sources, for those of us also wanting to go 'armed' in future?
    hahahaha, trust me, u didn't even have to tell GPS boy that at all.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

A few notes I'd like to add.

I've recently decided to play more by the rules as much as possible with price matching. I've been doing so by finding out which competitor has stock before doing the price match and supplying the specific competitor where there is stock. I've had some situations where a Kmart staff member will tell me they only price match nearby stores at which point I show them the description of the Lowest Price Guarantee in one of their catalogs and ask where that is in the policy. None have had a retort to that.

Another technique I've employed is to simply go buy the item at the competitor first and bring the receipt with me to the place I want to price match. This worked quite well for me recently when I got FABs and Cyber Slammers for $3/$2.50 respectively and took the receipt to TRU. Since the Kmart receipt has the exact barcode on it, they had little room to dispute (and didn't).

Hope this helps others.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    A few notes I'd like to add.

I've recently decided to play more by the rules as much as possible with price matching. I've been doing so by finding out which competitor has stock before doing the price match and supplying the specific competitor where there is stock. I've had some situations where a Kmart staff member will tell me they only price match nearby stores at which point I show them the description of the Lowest Price Guarantee in one of their catalogs and ask where that is in the policy. None have had a retort to that.

Another technique I've employed is to simply go buy the item at the competitor first and bring the receipt with me to the place I want to price match. This worked quite well for me recently when I got FABs and Cyber Slammers for $3/$2.50 respectively and took the receipt to TRU. Since the Kmart receipt has the exact barcode on it, they had little room to dispute (and didn't).

Hope this helps others.
    Playing by the rules does usually give you the upper hand, the high ground of sorts.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Does this mean that TRU had to call Kmart up, confirm the barcode is for that item and then only agree to the price match?
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Does this mean that TRU had to call Kmart up, confirm the barcode is for that item and then only agree to the price match?
    No, the receipt was proof that Kmart had it at the price and the barcode on the receipt perfectly matched the TRU item I wanted.

Finally had some price matching luck locally.
    Until a few weeks ago, Kmart was the only store offering a good price match promise as Toyworld always tried to get around it somehow. Then The Warehouse finally decided to start price matching..

Took along a Farmers cataloge to The Warehouse to get them to price match. They first of all refused to till I pointed them to their mailer. Lady then tried to tell me it was for selected items. I got her to read the mailer and show me where it said that. She got the manager who told her to match and take $1 off the price.
    I then made sure I got 50% off the price of the second toy due to the sale - and went away laughing after paying. The first deluxe was $22.99, the second was $5.74. The cashier had taken 50% off the 50% off price..

Pitty they had nothing else to try it again..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Finally had some price matching luck locally.
    Until a few weeks ago, Kmart was the only store offering a good price match promise as Toyworld always tried to get around it somehow. Then The Warehouse finally decided to start price matching..

Took along a Farmers cataloge to The Warehouse to get them to price match. They first of all refused to till I pointed them to their mailer. Lady then tried to tell me it was for selected items. I got her to read the mailer and show me where it said that. She got the manager who told her to match and take $1 off the price.
    I then made sure I got 50% off the price of the second toy due to the sale - and went away laughing after paying. The first deluxe was $22.99, the second was $5.74. The cashier had taken 50% off the 50% off price..

Pitty they had nothing else to try it again..
    Extends a virtual *high five*!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection