Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: STL's Journey into BWs

Default STL's Journey into BWs

From this topic:
    http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...ew=getlastpost

Discussion about Beast Wars cartoon.

Okay, I resumed watching BWs today with my little sister and we got half way through season 1 again. She finds it least interesting than G1. I think that's to do with the turnover of characters and the nature of the cartoon is above her (she's 6). The cartoon in my mind is for at least those in grade 6 upwards. Any younger and patience will disappear.

For myself, watching season 1 again felt almost like a drain. Yes, there were the good parts that did bring a cheerful laugh but overall it did feel more tedious getting through them all. The animation style definitely is very flat after a little while.

Its always hard to rewatch something as long as a season when it is still fresh in your mind. I had a similar experience with Beast Wars myself only because I already knew what was coming next. When you rewatch it after a year it becomes better.
    ________
    Iolite Vaporizer Review
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:30 PM.

Aftermath

Far exceeded my expectations. I anticipated that the episode would place the Maximals in great jeopardy and Primal would re-emerge in his new Transmetal form to save the day. It defied all expectations and provided a throughly entertaining, fresh and intelligent plot.

So much to like about this episode.

My favourite one liner. Ever.: "Same product, new packaging. Losers."

Other good moments:
    - Rhinox emerging and grabbing Dinobot by the throat telling him he isn't in the mood for this. It's a great sublte illustration of Rhinox's power.
    - Rattrap and Cheetor getting acquainted with their new forms
    - Dinobot's immediate grab at the leadership
    - Blackarachnia's duplicitiy: I can't believe myself how she talked her way out the situation. She really should not have been able to but the fact that she did made her all the badder for it. I don't think there's a character with this degree of duplicity in Transformers lore. Starscream was a schemer but he was overt. And Megatron seemed foolish at times for letting him live. Here though it's perfectly explicable why Megatron retains her.
    - And boy is Tarantulas getting creepier. He's the creepiest 'con I've ever known.

Some quibbles:
    - Megatron brings only Waspinator? Why? Where's Scorponok and Terrorsaur? Did they get blown up in the transmetal wave? It seemed too stupid of him to do so given his previous smarts on the battlefield.

One of the other remarks I'd like to make is how well the episode went without Primal. I think we will never see a cartoon without Prime but here it really works and it gives other characters an impetus to make sense of the situation.

In all, a great start to Season 2. If this is the level of quality that is maintained, this will surely be the best season of a TF cartoon ever.

Scorponok and Terrorsaur fell into the lava when the quantum surge hit, so Megatron only has Waspinator left to bring with him.

This level of quality isn't maintained - it's exceeded! In other words, strap yourself in cos you ain't seen nothing yet!

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    - And boy is Tarantulas getting creepier. He's the creepiest 'con I've ever known.
    You haven't seen the half of it yet. Tarantulas gets a lot creepier... as I've said before, there is a LOT more to Tarantulas than meets the eye!

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    - Megatron brings only Waspinator? Why? Where's Scorponok and Terrorsaur? Did they get blown up in the transmetal wave? It seemed too stupid of him to do so given his previous smarts on the battlefield.
    Scorponok and Terrorsaur were killed when the quantum wave hit the Predacon base - they fell into lava.

Okay spoiler alert but yes you never see those two again. But remember when you first watched it and Terrorsaur was mutating as he fell into the lava and he had a Transmetal toy so you thought maybe he'd come back. I didn't want to crush STL's hopes!

Scorponok had a Transmetal toy too. TM Scorponok, Dinobot and Blackarachnia were released as McDonalds Happy Meal figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Okay spoiler alert but yes you never see those two again. But remember when you first watched it and Terrorsaur was mutating as he fell into the lava and he had a Transmetal toy so you thought maybe he'd come back. I didn't want to crush STL's hopes!
    Drat. I assumed the lava was just liquid they could surive and give them impetus for having the new transmetal form. Pity.

So I see Megatron has a need for new troops now. A big need.

i think after a few million years transmetal terrorsaur and scorponok will be found by some human archaelogists