Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese release of POTP toys from May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Takara haven't really touched many of the movie lines though as far as I've noticed.

Its wierd here in Japan. Transformers have such a small space in the toy section... I wonder if they are selling well or just not getting much stock in. I saw my first legends figires on shelf a couple of weeks ago since i found Harhead at the start.

I'm curious to see how they'll market potp here and if they're giving up or focussing on other lines.

As for the has v tt colouring debate, I'll personally choose which ever makes a better looking toy. Toy vs cartoon look be damned.
    How dare you be reasonable and not instantaly GEEWUN TOON!

Bad news.

An upcoming issue of Figure King apparently says that Takara's POTP toys are going to be identical to Hasbro's to facilitate "Unifying the World Brands".

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...-brands/40371/

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Bad news.

An upcoming issue of Figure King apparently says that Takara's POTP toys are going to be identical to Hasbro's to facilitate "Unifying the World Brands".

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...-brands/40371/
    Yay! I wonder what hope we have for the upcoming combiners? Will they continue the unite-warrior line with animation colour schemes or will they unify the world and be lazy and just re-brand hasbro's work?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Yay! I wonder what hope we have for the upcoming combiners? Will they continue the unite-warrior line with animation colour schemes or will they unify the world and be lazy and just re-brand hasbro's work?
    I reckon there'd be a good chance for POTP combiners being under the UW banner since the Dinobots/Terrorcons/Lady Autobots aren't in the lineup for Japanese POTP (or POP? You tell me).

Atleast I hope so because I quite liked UW (and correct me if I'm wrong, but they sold pretty reasonably well?).

Also I imagine this will be a gradual change and not an absolute for TF going forward - it's very unlikely that TT would just jump ship to Hasbro's MP numbering (or vice-versa).

Again plz correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Yay!
    Is that sarcasm? I'm really disappointed. It gives you zero choice as to what deco you get.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Is that sarcasm? I'm really disappointed. It gives you zero choice as to what deco you get.
    Trust me the sarcasm is oozing out everywhere! While I知 happy to give my wallet a slight breather I知 also pretty disappointed tt have decided to just sit back and take hasbro痴 handy work and shove it in a premium box (maybe). I知 really looking forward to continuation of the combiners and hopefully they stick with the high end trend.

This is really disappointing. Now we won't have alternative deco/accessory options, if the Hasbro versions are disappointing. (as we already saw with the Movie toyline, with the same toys in the same packaging released in Japan)

There were rumours that Hasbro wanted to acquire TakaraTomy (which would be easy to do at the moment, while TT sales are dropping), so maybe instead, Hasbro are developing a closer partnership first, forcing TT to release the same product, just to prevent Western collectors from buying Japanese versions (because they would then be unlikely to buy the Hasbro versions).

This will surely mean a lot less unique redecos and remoulds from Japan... or we will see a lot more TakaraTomyMall exclusives and Ehobby exclusives.
    Fans in HK and Asia will also be upset over this, as Hasbro HK would release the Japanese Transformers to Asia... but now there won't be any point, as there won't be any unique General Release ones anymore.

Just look at the general release 2017 TT toys that wouldn't have happened if this policy had started at the beginning of this year...

- LG-41 - Leo Prime (Lio Convoy redeco of Alpha Trion)
    - LG-42 -Godbomber (new)
    - LG-45 - Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (remould Hotrod w/ new Targetmaster)
    - LG-46 - Targetmaster Char (remould Kup w/ new Targetmaster)
    - LG-49 - Targetmaster Triggerhappy (minor redeco w/ new Targetmaster)
    - LG-51 - Doublecross (minor redeco Twinferno, w/ Haywire gun for Blurr)
    - LG-52 - Targetmaster Misfire (minor redeco w/ new Targetmaster)
    - LG-55 - Targetmaster Slugslinger (minor redeco w/ new Targetmaster gun)
    - TLK-15 - Calibur Optimus Prime (remould TF4 AD-31 w/ sword, new shield & new axe - Japan exclusive)

Not as many as previous years, as the Adventure line ended a year ago, while Hasbro had still been releasing RID, and before the fifth movie, most of their Movie toys would have had extra colours and/or accessories.

Yeah I really love the Targetmasters. I just wish I got a complete set of Rebirth Targetmasters, but alas we are missing Scourge's partner from the set. (note I'm including Henkei Cyclonus to complete the set)

Now that Hasbro has ruined Takara's CHUG I hope they don't touch MPs.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There were rumours that Hasbro wanted to acquire TakaraTomy (which would be easy to do at the moment, while TT sales are dropping), so maybe instead, Hasbro are developing a closer partnership first, forcing TT to release the same product, just to prevent Western collectors from buying Japanese versions (because they would then be unlikely to buy the Hasbro versions).
    Sadly there are far too many Western collectors who will still buy a crappy product because "it's better than nothing". If Western fans were more merciless in their standards, it could have backfired spectacularly on Hasbro if that is what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Sadly there are far too many Western collectors who will still buy a crappy product because "it's better than nothing". If Western fans were more merciless in their standards, it could have backfired spectacularly on Hasbro if that is what they're doing.
    I知 sure plenty of people would opt out of getting the Hasbro deco altogether if they cared that much about cartoon accuracy.

It is really dissappointing, and a shady move (someone should ask someone from Hasbro at the next given opportunity) on Hasbro痴 part.

Hopefully UW stays the same as it was before, as I am holding out for cartoon accurate dinobots that I知 praying are revealed soon.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust