Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mp devy by toyworld

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    what do you want to change about UW devastator?
    Mostly the mixer cab and his hands.

I like PE-06 cab but the rest of the parts are okay for me.
    I have seen X2Toys, and their cab was not good enough in this case.

I think DNA Design is a cross between the two. But I have went with PE-06 as it was cheap. < if i feel it needs better hands I will go DNA set a mix and match but this MP devy did caught my attention.
    Last edited by drifand; 22nd March 2016 at 12:35 AM.

sure. initially the change of cab design was weird and offputting but i think now i don't care too much. at least not enough to spend another $50 to $100 to change it. hands i'm ok with so far, if i see some really epic poses that i can't do unless i had other hands on him then maybe it would get me thinking more. so far he holds the figures i've posed him with just fine with the normal hands.

Here he is fully combined next to CW Devi. There is talk of a purple barrel for concrete, hopefully someone also does an alternative head.

Original pics and few more http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...icons-482.html

So for the people that have bought into this, how's it working out for you? Keen to hear what the quality and experiences are
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

5 & 6 should be arriving later this week. Will post thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So for the people that have bought into this, how's it working out for you? Keen to hear what the quality and experiences are
    I've had a few of them for about a week now. Overall i'm very happy. These things are huge in alt mode... the combined mode will be something to behold.

They are very solid and heavy and have been finished fantastically. The pictures dont do justice to how nice and well detailed the paint applications are nor the feel of the rubber tires and the transparent purple plastic inserts in the bots and the gun/breatplate.

My only concern is that while the plastic feels very solid and dense it may be a little brittle. There were the cracking issues with #1 & #2 as well as some reports of people snapping limbs on #5 and #6 because of tight joints. Having played with them for a bit i can see how this could happening, there isnt allot of give/flex in the thicker pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by duxbellorum View Post
    My only concern is that while the plastic feels very solid and dense it may be a little brittle. There were the cracking issues with #1 & #2 as well as some reports of people snapping limbs on #5 and #6 because of tight joints. Having played with them for a bit i can see how this could happening, there isnt allot of give/flex in the thicker pieces.
    the initial joint cracking was an issue with parts/manufacture/assembly process on bot 1 - 4 which has since been resolved and the original report of the problem was kinda blown out of proportion anyway, with a seller kicking up a storm doing the boycott thing which was meh given TW has mention they have never even sold to or dealt with that 'seller' to begin with

Back on track the new batch bot 1-4 being released may/june was re-made to prevent the issue, and people who have the early release should be getting replacements parts

bots 5-6 shouldn't really have this issue and I've haven't really seen or heard many people reporting this, if it is an issue it is in the extreme minority at least

bot 5-6 are the only ones i have and the only real issue i can fault it at the moment is one of the leg (swing joint) on scrapper is tad loose, fixable but nothing major.

other than that they are pretty impressive, well its big at least :-p

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Was considering the yellow orange version on PC under $600.

Anyone has the devy mode pics of the orange one?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Was considering the yellow orange version on PC under $600.

Anyone has the devy mode pics of the orange one?
    None have been released yet. Rumours say to be unveiled at TFCon this month.