Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Badcube OTS-08 SunSurge (Sunstreaker)

Quote Originally Posted by WeallscreamforStarscream View Post
    The way im doing it is, i'll buy the 3rd party if it's great enough and then if Hasbro or TakTom make it i'll have one in alt form.

For example Grimlock will stay in dino mode till the set is complete by Fanstoys i'll have their Grimlock in dino mode to match the rest and official Grimlock in bot mode.

make sense?
    Makes perfect sense actually.

Had the same thought a few weeks back. It's not a bad way to justify a 'double purchase' and also works from a display perspective

Still chasing an official mp megs for display in alt mode alongside Apollyon in robot mode
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

Originally I went by what do I guess HasTak will ever make as my 3rd party MP qualifier , but now there are heaps of them so it's trickier. Also my good or bad experiences with some companies is influencing my decisions.

For instance while I do think there is a 50/50 chance that Hasbro may one day release Sunstreaker, my enjoyment of Badcubes previously released toys has me keen on this toy, the same is true for me with Maketoys Hound, and MMC's Mirage, previous experience of what they can create is making me want to get those toys even though I think Hasbro may release them. In which case maybe I'd get both as I feel like they each would add something.

On the other end of the spectrum is things like X-Transbots Scourge, I don't think Hasbro will ever make MP scourge, yet my experience of X-Transbots has not been amazing, I'm actually more tempted by the other guys who may get official toys.....one day.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 13th September 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Painted prototype

Which brings us to where we are today...

I know it's cartoon accurate but that is a lot of yellow on the bot mode. Needs something to break it up.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I know it's cartoon accurate but that is a lot of yellow on the bot mode. Needs something to break it up.
    A nice Autobot symbol

c/o OptimusTimelord @ TFW

Awesome!