View Poll Results: Would you collect Transformers/G.I. Joe Crossovers?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

4 23.53%
  • I prefer Machine Men/The CORPS! Crossovers

2 11.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers Crossovers: G.I. Joe

This is a cool topic. I would be interested in a GI JOE crossovers line. When I was a kid my favourite toys were Lego and Transformers. I liked GI JOE for the vehicles, I did not buy any, hey but I was interested. It would be very cool if they made them into transformers, and like someone else said have mini figures you could place inside them. I dislike the other crossovers lines especially their heads. It would be a better concept to have normal bot heads and even make them subtly similar to popular Transformers Characters. Have a Megatron or Optimus Prime head as example.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon
    There was that Titanium Megatron which Dirge gave his lowest review score too
    *shudder* That is a crap toy, even by Titanum Series standards (I find all 15cm Titanium Series TFs to be really lame TF action figures). I'd like to see that vehicle done with better engineering.

Snowcat was done well - the only modification they need is to make the cockpit open and close and give it a pilot. The original mould already has a cockpit! I don't know if the seats would need to be remoulded to allow a pilot to sit there, or they could easily just engineer the pilot figurine to fit into the existing seats. But even the existing mould is so much better than any other Crossover TF out there - and I think the reason for that is because the robot mode isn't attempting to look like Frostbite. One my biggest gripes with Star Wars Transformers (and Crossovers now) is Hasbro's insistence on making the robot modes look like the pilots. It just looks stupid most of the time and also places a massive creative restraint on the design of the toy. Making the toy hold a pilot in both modes is hard enough (although this doesn't apply to Marvel TFs) but to make it look like its character-pilot in robot mode really places a big restraint over how they can design the robot mode and engineer the transformation. I've always believed that Crossover TFs would be much better toys if they didn't have that restriction and just allowed designers to make the robots look like - ya know - TRANSFORMERS.

Snowcat's robot mode pretty much blends in with the Energon/Super Link line because the robot just looks like a regular Transformer - it's not trying to look like a human being (Frostbite). Gah!!

So yeah, while I would love to see a TF/G.I. Joe crossover I would much rather see it done like Snowcat and not like Star Wars and Marvel Crossovers where the robot mode design and transformation engineering are compromised because the robot mode has to look like a human. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon
    I dislike the other crossovers lines especially their heads. It would be a better concept to have normal bot heads and even make them subtly similar to popular Transformers Characters. Have a Megatron or Optimus Prime head as example.
    Exactly! And it's not just the head, but the entire body too. Darth Vader/Death Star pales in comparison with other planetformers because it transforms from a grey ball into a black humanoid with a cape. Primus is the best engineered planetformer because there was no restrictions placed on the robot mode (cosmetically). As a result they could make Primus look like whatever they wanted in robot mode and therefore had greater freedom with engineering the transformation; and so Primus is the least shellformerish of the planetformers with Vader/Death Star being the most shellformerish.

Unicron is semi-shellformerish but that's because they were restricted with trying to make Unicron look like his G1 form in both planet and robot modes, which was a big challenge. And it was a necessary challenge because the toy was a G1 tribute - so I think Unicron was well designed considering what they were trying to do.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 2nd February 2009 at 10:40 AM.

I just love the engineering involved. Its definitely not a fiction thing. Honestly, they could make Transformers Battlestar Galactica and I'd buy it. And I have an unhealthy love of futuristic vehicles/military vehicles so I'd absolutely love GIJOE TFs.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Generaly speaking the Transfomers crossover line is more a Transformers toy than a Marvel or Star Wars one. I still think it would be really cool to see a hybrid action figure and transformer team up, kinda like that Ehobby Perceptor with the Microman. I almost bought Oil Slick cause I thought his alt mode would be a good bike for a Dreadnok.

How about Transfomers MASK crossover? If Matt Tracker can join Gi Joe, surely the MASK Vehicles could become Transformers.

I voted no as i never got into GI Joe i vaguely remember the animated movie but overall doesnt really interest me. I was too busy playing with my Transformers to care about GI Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Generaly speaking the Transfomers crossover line is more a Transformers toy than a Marvel or Star Wars one. I still think it would be really cool to see a hybrid action figure and transformer team up, kinda like that Ehobby Perceptor with the Microman. I almost bought Oil Slick cause I thought his alt mode would be a good bike for a Dreadnok.
    It would be actually. Give it the right colours and voila...!

How about Transfomers MASK crossover? If Matt Tracker can join Gi Joe, surely the MASK Vehicles could become Transformers.
    They did? (as in join GIJOE)

I'd also sure love the MASK vehicles being Transformers. I loved MASK. Even T-Bob
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I hope I get to buy this from a WA store...

I would probably buy them (I bought G.I.Joe Snow Cat and Energon Snow Cat). But the chance to vote for "I prefer Machine Men/The CORPS! Crossovers" was just too good a chance to pass up.

Hmmm, putting aside the fact that I don't really 'collect' any lines... and that I'm a schizophrenic hobbyist at best...

I voted NO because I just can't see them doing any good with this as a toyline. I think the crossover concept is pretty ordinary at best. But maybe if it was an animation crossing over the styles of both new movies or something like that... it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So yeah, while I would love to see a TF/G.I. Joe crossover I would much rather see it done like Snowcat and not like Star Wars and Marvel Crossovers where the robot mode design and transformation engineering are compromised because the robot mode has to look like a human. (-_-)
    I find with the SWTFs (well, the one I have, anyway) that the robot mode is greatly compromised in favour of the vehicle mode. The robot mode of the ARC 170 Starfighter (the only one I have) demonstrates this well, as there is pretty much zero articulation (his legs swing and his arms swing, and that's it) compared to other Transformers of the same time.