Thread: Help! Removal of 3 Metal Pin of Grand Maximus Waist Tower

Default Help! Removal of 3 Metal Pin of Grand Maximus Waist Tower

I have 2 grand maximus.

1st of my GM has a lot of missing part and also suffers from slight yellowing but both the waist tower has unbroken clips at both sides. 2nd Grand Max is complete and is very white but one of the waist tower has broken clips.

I have tried to use peroxide method to whiten the 1st incomplete GM (the one with slightly yellowing waist tower) and it works. Thus I replace the completed GM's waist tower (with broken clips) with the deyellowing one. And then locked it in a dark room without sunlight.

2 months later, I am surprised to find out the waist tower that was whitening is returned to yellow.

I am losing faith in peroxide method and start to think of to replace the broken waist tower clip with the unbroken waist tower clips.

However, I was not able to open up the waist tower due to 3 silly metal pin on the plastic.

thus seeks for professional help to remove the Metal Pin
    Picture credited from "Eruntalon's Fortress Maximus H202 Restoration "

I seek professional advice or whoever has done this before.

Else, the only option I have is to ask someone to paint the yellowing waist tower into white..which I prefer not to.

Trillion thanks in advance.

I have never been able to remove one of those. Maybe someone here has or you could post in the Radicon section at TFW for assistance.

Also note that it has been repeatedly proven that 1987 toys don't react well to Hydrogen peroxide. Something else to note is that if the plastic was originally prone to yellowing, even if you restore it with the Peroxide there is nothing stopping it from yellowing again since it is the same plastic.