Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Has anyone seen "Frosty" from Cars 2 in their Target?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I went back and bought 3/4 of the Frosty's they had.
    The second photo is what it looked like at Target.

If there isn't much interest, I'll start returning them after Xmas.
    Im honestly surprised how you were able to find so many of them and them lying around like that

In QLD Target's they were all kept out the back.

I was lucky that Mt Ommaney Target rang me and let me have 2, one for me and one for my friend?

Dont you work for Target?

Re concept of scalpers - that's life. You win some and you lose some!
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089

Tarquin Guest

Hi. I work at target in ballarat and we came across a box of 24 in our reserves. So me and a mate looked into it and found out how rare they were so we bought the box. We later spoke to our manager about it and he said most targets in Australia were allocated one box. So I'd say staff have got the box and seen how rare they are and bought the lot of them

Stores (and employees) in America got into a lot of trouble for doing that sort of thing (staff getting to rare items first for themselves or scalplers waiting for them)... I hope Target does something about it here too.

We might shrug it off or be slightly amused at it being a non-Transformers item, but imagine if this was a limited edition (highly sought after) Transformers toy.... this is the most active and integrated toy collector community in Australia - there would be a riot.
    Just look at how much abuse ToysRUs Head Office (and stores) copped with the Masterpiece Optimus, and that was just from short supply. Imagine if that figure had been grabbed and scalped by TRU employees before any of them got to the shelves for consumers.... you'd have a couple hundred very angry people, causing so much trouble for TRU directly and through the media, that TRU would make sure it would never happen again (through policy changes, and firing the staff involved).

Maybe Target Head Office should be made aware of the problem, as it defeats the purpose of their product managers paying a premium for an exclusive, if it ends up driving away customers (angry for not being able to find it, except on ebay) instead of bringing them in (the whole point of store exclusives). Any bad publicity that hurts their brand, and impacts on their sales strategies (paying for exclusive items), won't be something they'd be too happy about.

If that is crap. Something should be done about it. Because it is unfair to the consumer. Seems that the target that deonasis went to actually did the right thing and put them on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Stores (and employees) in America got into a lot of trouble for doing that sort of thing (staff getting to rare items first for themselves or scalplers waiting for them)... I hope Target does something about it here too.

We might shrug it off or be slightly amused at it being a non-Transformers item, but imagine if this was a limited edition (highly sought after) Transformers toy.... this is the most active and integrated toy collector community in Australia - there would be a riot.
    Just look at how much abuse ToysRUs Head Office (and stores) copped with the Masterpiece Optimus, and that was just from short supply. Imagine if that figure had been grabbed and scalped by TRU employees before any of them got to the shelves for consumers.... you'd have a couple hundred very angry people, causing so much trouble for TRU directly and through the media, that TRU would make sure it would never happen again (through policy changes, and firing the staff involved).

Maybe Target Head Office should be made aware of the problem, as it defeats the purpose of their product managers paying a premium for an exclusive, if it ends up driving away customers (angry for not being able to find it, except on ebay) instead of bringing them in (the whole point of store exclusives). Any bad publicity that hurts their brand, and impacts on their sales strategies (paying for exclusive items), won't be something they'd be too happy about.
    I know TRU head office have copped a LOT from me alright.
    But in all seriousness, if this is the case, something has to be done.

I saw a bunch at what I believe was either Target Melbourne CBD or Big W CBD, if anyone needs one...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    Hi. I work at target in ballarat and we came across a box of 24 in our reserves. So me and a mate looked into it and found out how rare they were so we bought the box. We later spoke to our manager about it and he said most targets in Australia were allocated one box. So I'd say staff have got the box and seen how rare they are and bought the lot of them
    Awesome. That's serving your community right there.
    For those of us who have missed out, or have concerns as to if an item has even seen the shop floor, all sales data; date, time, operator ID, transaction number, staff discount, flybuys, payment method, keycode and most importantly quantity, are stored in-store for 12 months. H/O also has access to this information, if customers were to call raising concerns.