View Poll Results: Skywarp? Worth Buying?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • MP11 Skywarp! Gimmie!

13 37.14%
  • Only if cheap

14 40.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Nope

4 11.43%
  • I have way too many Seekers/Skywarps

4 11.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece 11SW Skywarp

Default Toy Review - Masterpiece 11SW Skywarp

Series - Transformers Masterpiece
    Sub-line - N/A
    Size/class - N/A
    New/remould/redeco - redeco of MP11 Starscream
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - N/A (released in Asia January 2014,)
    Approximate Retail Price - $170 USD
    Approximate Size - 23cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - F-15 fighter jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - 'Masterpiece figure'
    Main Colours - Black, Purple & Silver
    Main Accessories - Megatron Gun & Black Doctor Arkeville Pilot

Havn't seen any reviews on this guy so thought I'd post one up. Skywarp is my favorite Decepticon I just love his color scheme the most and his ability to teleport in the G1 cartoon is pretty neat shame it didn't get more use out of it as I don't remember many eps where he used it to great effect. Anyway this figuire is your standard MP11 recolor has all the same articulation and transformation as you'd expect but lacks many accessories like the cape even though he doesn't wear the cape it still looks quite nice on him.

His paint scheme is just perfect in my opinion the paint apps on his previous outings have far too much black on him and very minimal purple but this has the right balance of color. I also prefer this shade of purple to the one used on the Takara one which seems closer to a lavender shade. In alt mode he looks stunning as an F15 in this color scheme.

Is he worth buying? I'd say no he's far too expensive for what you get. Especially if you already have a previous Skywarp in your collection. At $170 USD you're not getting much very limited accessories and a very outdated mold especially when you compare this to Ultra Magnus that just came out. The engineering is so dated on Skywarp compared to the recent MP's and his transformation a little finiky I still have trouble getting those legs to extend. Not to mention his torso is floppy. Personally I bought greenscream then skipped every seeker till MP11 and these 2 are the only MP11 seekers I have so far. I was not a fan of the 2 previous Skywarp's which is why I don't own them. Also the insignias on this Skywarp are not upside down like MP11 which is mildly annoying but I'm hoping reprolabels can fix that in time.

Are the yellow bits on the wingtips as noticeable in person than in pics?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

good review Nevac , love the coin , i like his paint scheme , and the logo on the wing is right for once .
    Does he come with a base?

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Does he come with a base?
    No base with this guy, sux hard!!

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

As much as i love the look of the mold he's dated and lacks accessories for the price.

I would love to add SW and eventually TC together with my SS, Acidstorm and Sunstorm but im not paying $200 for a recolour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Are the yellow bits on the wingtips as noticeable in person than in pics?
    Yes the yellow is fairly noticeable but doesn't really bother me too much and no stand for him either. Also lacks the missile racks that come with MP3 but MP11 doesn't have them either. Would have been nice if they used a unique face sculpt like MP6/7 but at least his face is white and not grey like Starscream.

The coronation kit looks good on him. All that nice purple
    I'll consider adding him to my MP seeker collection if he ever drops to half the price.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    As much as i love the look of the mold he's dated and lacks accessories for the price.

I would love to add SW and eventually TC together with my SS, Acidstorm and Sunstorm but im not paying $200 for a recolour.
    Same here, in some ways you are paying more just to for once getting the decepticon logo right for once. To be honest, I expected a darker black.

I am definately not getting it based on the price as I paid only $145 for my MP-11 starscream and sunstorm.

Decepticon insignia right side up? Upside down insignia is cartoon accurate though? I prefer it that way.

I selected the last poll option, but I don't think that I have "too many" Seekers/Skywarps (one of each character is enough for me ); I just already have MP06. I think that this toy has nicer colours than MP06, but not really worth getting another one just for that (MP06's colours are still just fine - plus my thing with 'mould uniformity' ).

My thoughts judging from photos and what I've read here:
    * I do like the more toy-accurate colours, except for the red eyes. I'd prefer them to be toy-accurately yellow like on Hasbro's MP Skywarp. It's kinda weird that they've gone to so much effort to make the toy look so beautifully toy-accurate, only to omit correct eye colour. But otherwise this toy does look just gorgeous.
    * The lack of additional/bonus accessories is disappointing, especially considering that this toy is approximately AU$90 dearer than MP06 was. I can understand not giving him a crown and cape - that would actually be really inappropriate for his character (Skywarp is absolutely a follower, not a leader), but surely they could've chucked in a base and stand! Interesting to read that he comes with the Dr. Arkeville pilot from the old Seeker mould and not the generic fighter pilot that comes with the new Seekers.