Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Thoughts About Universe Bruticus

After finally opening an playing with the two combiners I must say I am pleased.

Mainly the playabilty that such gestalts give you. Individual bots with alts and then combining. Not to mention the mix and match nature of the limbs. My Bruticus limbs snapped well easily enough. Although, with Superion I had a lot of trouble snapping on the limbs. Especially on the legs as the thigh just keeps swinging down.

I must say that Bruticus individual bots/characters moulds are much more to my liking that Superions. The paint job and detail is very asthetically pleasing. Bruticus' gestalt robot is much mroe human like especially when both copters are used as arms especially with the energon weapons resenbling hands. Top stuff. Now if only I can track down a Classics Devastator.

I'm really not a fan of this repainted set, but I'm glad you're enjoying it, Jay (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I'll be getting both of these sets, I'm pretty happy with both of them, but with a couple of alterations...

For starters I'll be painting all the hand/foot pieces in either silver/medium gray, maybe black, and I may well be using the alternate arm transformation for Superion to give him slightly better hands.

Apart from that, they're decent little sets. My son has a lot of the original scouts, along with Steamhammer. The scouts are good toys in and of themselves, the fact they combine is just a bonus.

And seriously, does Superion really NEED hands? It's not like he's going to be typing up memoirs in his downtime. There's a LOT of details in the guns that make up the hands on the 'jet' bots. I think a coat of 'boltgun' metal with a really dark wash over the top would make them look fantastic, likewise with his feet. Maybe do Bruticus' extremeties in black.

And another tip, the helicopter guy's guns can be pulled apart so that you get 2 smaller guns, which look awesome John Woo style. There's a leftover piece this way but, you know, meh. I guess you could give those to Onslaught to use as some wierd-ass spiked weapon.

Another Alternate arm mold

Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

E|dan is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I wanna give some on my thoughts on it as well :P
    i always wanted combiners...and i went and picked up both of them yesterday..like most of u guys have said..im liking bruticus more then superion..never owning a combiner before, bruticus felt as tough it was made to combine and to be one rather then superion where it was design and built according to the blueprint that was left behind.. just my thoughts tough.

looked ridiculous in energon and looks ridiculous today. Not even a tamer paint scheme and quirky touches could save him this time in my opinion

I'm very happy with Bruticus Max
    I don't have the Energon versions, but as recolours I will rank them as..
    1. Universe Bruticus Max
    2. Classics Devastator
    3. Universe Superion (some of the Energon colours look better + the fragile chest + poorly shaped limbs = my least favourite)

I LOVE the alternate arm configs that you guys came up with. Having just opened mine, that's how mine will be!

Thanks boys!
    I don't think I need to get the Superlink Bruticus anymore... but we'll see

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    I don't think I need to get the Superlink Bruticus anymore... but we'll see
    Don't do it. I looks like combined PEZ dispensers.