View Poll Results: Would you collect Transformers/G.I. Joe Crossovers?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

4 23.53%
  • I prefer Machine Men/The CORPS! Crossovers

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Crossovers: G.I. Joe

Default Transformers Crossovers: G.I. Joe

Why doesn't Hasbro give us a TF:G.I.Joe Crossover toyline? Forget Star Wars, Marvel, Disney etc. - G.I. Joe and Transformers have officially crossed over canonically on multiple occasions - G1, G2 and retro-G1. Okay, Marvel has as well, but no where to the same extent...

Though if I did, I'd probably want them to be the GI Joe/VENOM versions of TF characters, rather than giant transforming versions of GI Joe characters.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

a big yes...since there was the comics...y not do a crossover one...
    moreover, this can be the start of actual joe-size figures that's related to Transformers.

I believe this was already asked in one of those submitted questions for the month to Hasbro, with their answers in the lines of not confusing the general public ( as if duh!?) with regards to the two lines. An answer which I thought was a cop out since e.g. Star wars and TF crossovered so Im not entirely convinced. But meh go have some fun with the polls
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

no

i dont know anything about GI joe

i have a few comics-the g2 crossover comic and the more recent ones from Darkhorse i think

They are ok, but i feel as though that Cobra commander guy is a try hard impersonating starscream its like Chris latta didnt even try and change his voice

I think its silly that the G2 comics were introduced in GI joe, making it a bad jumping on point for potential new readers when they read issue 1 of G2... "Read GI Joe comics to find out what the heck is going on, even though this is meant to be our first issue"

and so forth

The wording of one of their answers suggests that they will review it AFTER the two movies this year, but the focus and priority at the moment is on the toys for those two movies.

Snowcat is already virtualy a Gi Joe crossover, I keep waiting for Tiger Force Snowcat to be released.

If they did make Gi Joe Transfomers. Deluxes should be TF scaled Autobots and Decepticons who turn into vehicles with Joe mini figures who can ride in the cockpit, and Voyagers should be GI Joe standard size figures who come with a TF that turns into a bikes, trouble bubble or other small vehicle they can ride.

IMO Transformers crossed over with G.I. Joe would canonically make way more sense than crossing over with Star Wars and Marvel. As I said before, Marvel has crossed over with Transformers before, but not in the way that the toyline presents it... the fiction that the Marvel crossovers provides is not in-canon with Transformers nor any other Marvel universe - i.e.: Spider-Man doesn't ride around a motorbike that transforms into mecha (how could he even afford to maintain it?!). Hulk not know how to drive tank-bot. Hulk not need tank-bot! Um... Thor's a God... verily. d:

Iron-Man comes the closest because he did construct a giant Transformer-sized "Decepticon Buster" armour. It never transformed, but it would be conceivable that Tony Stark could upgrade his armour to make it transform into a jet to better allow him to fight Decepticons. That's why Iron-Man has been the only Marvel TF that I've bothered to buy - the rest of the line doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zed
    Snowcat is already virtualy a Gi Joe crossover, I keep waiting for Tiger Force Snowcat to be released.
    So true!! They could easily reissue that toy as part of a TF/G.I. Joe crossover - possibly with Tiger Force colours to distinguish it from the original Energon figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zed
    If they did make Gi Joe Transfomers. Deluxes should be TF scaled Autobots and Decepticons who turn into vehicles with Joe mini figures who can ride in the cockpit, and Voyagers should be GI Joe standard size figures who come with a TF that turns into a bikes, trouble bubble or other small vehicle they can ride.
    Hmm... as a TF fan I would definitely agree with the former - make them like Star Wars Transformers and give them miniature Joe/Cobra partners.

Cobra Commander w/ Megatron as a G2-style tank would be awesomes - and Broadside as the U.S.S. Flagg... yeah!

Id be keen if they could have the Joes ride inside them. I understand that would make them quite large, but that would only further add to the appeal of them for me

There was that Titanium Megatron which Dirge gave his lowest review score too
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion