Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Armada - reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon
    I strongly dislike the series, for things such as using the adjectives 'moron' & 'idiot' in cartoons, the English dub just tries to hard, too many bad elements in each episode
    I really didn't like how both Optimus Prime and Megatron repeatedly referred to their fellow Autobots/Decepticons as "men." (-_-)

Regarding the Decepticons agreeing to banish the Decepticons, as I recall, it was revealed in a later episode that this was a ruse to get all the Mini-Cons in one place so they could take ALL of them. That's why the opening scene had the Mini-Con ship being hit by mines and stuff.

However, the Autobots were able to hold off the Decepticons long enough for the Mini-Cons to warp out.

According to BotCon 2002 reports of the time, people went crazy when they saw the reuses of G1 character models for generics, the voices of David Kaye and Garry Chalk, and of course, Armada's version of the G1 Transformers theme music.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

(added in the Minicon counts in my first two postings, and will continue tracking them until it becomes too confusing with too many running around.)

Season 1, Part 1, Disc 3, Episodes 15-21.

15 - Gale
    Hotshot takes on Scavenger for a rematch after defeat in the last episode. Sideways appears with unknown motives, like Scavenger. Spiral is found and released.
    Intro - Sideways, Rook, Crosswise, Spiral.
    Errors/confusion/notes:
    -New opening narration by Megatron, instead of by Rad. Doesn't make much sence having 'Megatron' talking up the Autobots and talking negatively about the Decepticons, just for the kiddie viewers to know what is going on.
    -Fred and Billy appear to be regulars now like the other 3 kids.
    -Billy hopped on Sideways without knowing if he is an Autobot or Decepticon.
    -Optimus doesn't know of any Transformers that turn into motorcycles. He couldn't know everyone, and they change forms all the time.
    -Sideways jumps through Cyclonus' rotors to knock him out.

Minicon count:
    Autobots (11) - Highwire, Sureshot, Grindor, Jolt, Longarm, Sparkplug, Jetstorm, Runway, Sonar, Liftor, Spiral.
    Decepticons (9) - Leader-1, Crumplezone, Blackout, Swindle, Bonecrusher, Drillbit, (Mirage/Downshift), Rook, Crosswise.

16 - Credulous
    Hotshot and Sideways end up at the Decepticon base on the moon. Sideways reveals himself as a Decepticon. Starscream gets the Star Saber.
    Intro - none.
    Errors/confusion/notes:
    -Cyclonus is flying in helicoptor mode (with his rotor) on the moon.
    -Hotshot is out of breath. What the?
    -Hotshot surrenders the Star Saber as if it were just a sword, and not three sentient beings (Minicons).

Minicon count:
    Autobots (8) - Highwire, Sureshot, Grindor, Jolt, Longarm, Sparkplug, Liftor, Spiral.
    Decepticons (12) - Leader-1, Crumplezone, Blackout, Swindle, Bonecrusher, Drillbit, (Mirage/Downshift), Rook, Crosswise, Jetstorm, Runway, Sonar.

17 - Conspiracy
    Megatron plans a trap and tricks Starscream to get the Star Saber. A second Skyboom Shield Minicon panel is found.
    Intro - Mirage or Downshift (not released from its panel)
    Errors/confusion/notes:
    -There seem to be a lot less errors now that the plot starts picking up to be more than just Minicon hunting. I think the writers or editors had to pay more attention with all the new characters and double agents.
    -The Star Saber Minicons follow Starscream like pets, just as they followed Hotshot like pets, or inferior creatures.
    -Scale of the Decepticons to the trees changes from shot to shot. At one time they are the height of the trees, and then the next the trees only come up to their knees, making them look like giants.
    -Sparkplug is called Jolt by Optimus. It hasn't yet been called by it's real name yet.
    -Scavenger goes to the Autobots at the end, with Optimus claiming he was a double agent. There is no indication that he was a double agent, and even hands Megatron the latest Minicon panel before he leaves. If he really was a spy, he should have taken the Minicon, or as many as he could, with him.

Minicon count:
    Autobots (8) - Highwire, Sureshot, Grindor, Jolt, Longarm, Sparkplug, Liftor, Spiral.
    Decepticons (13) - Leader-1, Crumplezone, Blackout, Swindle, Bonecrusher, Drillbit, (Mirage), (Downshift), Rook, Crosswise, Jetstorm, Runway, Sonar.

18 - Trust
    The Autobots question Scavenger's loyatly, as they hunt for Minicon.
    Intro - Rollbar, (unknown).
    Errors/confusion/notes:
    -Scavenger snores as if he is breathing.
    -Drillbit is called Crumplezone by Cyclonus.
    -Scavenger powerlinks with Rollbar, but the Minicon was never shown to be discovered.
    -They don't show what Minicon is found, as the episode ends as they go off to look for it.

Minicon count:
    Autobots (10) - Highwire, Sureshot, Grindor, Jolt, Longarm, Sparkplug, Liftor, Spiral, Rollbar, (unknown).
    Decepticons (13) - Leader-1, Crumplezone, Blackout, Swindle, Bonecrusher, Drillbit, (Mirage), (Downshift), Rook, Crosswise, Jetstorm, Runway, Sonar.

19 - Vacation
    The four boys go off camping with Red Alert, Smokescreen and some Minicons.
    Intro - none.
    Errors/confusion/notes:
    -Alexis mentions that Scavenger can now let them know where the Decepticon base is, but Hotshot already knows.
    -Optimus uses his full truck mode to block the water, but transforms to regular mode, leaving his trailer behind.
    -Red Alert is recommended to transform, but has 2 kids inside, so wouldn't be able to.
    -The kids spend a lot of time with the Autobots. What about their parents?

Minicon count:
    Autobots (10) - Highwire, Sureshot, Grindor, Jolt, Longarm, Sparkplug, Liftor, Spiral, Rollbar, (unknown).

20 - Reinforcement
    Scavenger calls up Blurr to help the Autobots on Earth, but ends up being a liability when tracking down Dirtboss.
    Intro - Blurr, Incinerator, Dirtboss, (Mirage and Downshift released from their panels).
    Errors/confusion/notes:
    -Blurr doesn't know or have an interest in having a Minicon.
    -Blurr isn't very nice for an Autobot.
    -Dirtboss activates on his own.
    -Optimus is surprised the Decepticons are there, but it should be expected that they would be there to find the Minicon.
    -The Autobots don't recognise Swindle, and try to rescue it from the Decepticons.
    -Liftor is called Longarm by Smokescreen just five seconds after calling him Liftor.

Minicon count:
    Autobots (10) - Highwire, Sureshot, Grindor, Jolt, Longarm, Sparkplug, Liftor, Spiral, Rollbar, (unknown), Incinerator.
    Decepticons (14) - Leader-1, Crumplezone, Blackout, Swindle, Bonecrusher, Drillbit, Mirage, Downshift, Rook, Crosswise, Jetstorm, Runway, Sonar, Dirtboss.

21 - Decisive Battle
    Megatron takes on the Autobots with the Star Saber and Skyboom Shield. Sideways continues to covertly fight for a third party.
    Intro - (none)
    Errors/confusion/notes:
    -A one-off intro to mention the approaching meteor to the Moon, that Megatron destroys with the Skyboom Shield.
    -Skyboom Shield is called Star Saber by Megatron.
    -Sparkplug is finally named correcly, and speaks english.
    -Megatron loses the Skyboon Shield.
    -Sideways intentionally gets shot, so that no one sees him interfere to keep the battle from being one-sided.
    -The energy released by the Star Saber and Skyboom Shield goes off into space, as a beacon to someone.

Minicon count:
    Autobots (13) - Highwire, Sureshot, Grindor, Jolt, Longarm, Sparkplug, Liftor, Spiral, Rollbar, (unknown), Incinerator, Mirage, Downshift, Dirtboss.
    Decepticons (11) - Leader-1, Crumplezone, Blackout, Swindle, Bonecrusher, Drillbit, Rook, Crosswise, Jetstorm, Runway, Sonar.
    Last edited by griffin; 6th February 2009 at 01:19 PM.

You're about to come up to my favourite episode, Rebellion. A pretty decent speech by Megatron at the end, well performed by David Kaye.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

A disk a night Griffin?

Good way to power through the first half of the series.

really liked the idea of Sideways from this disc on, it wasn't the best execution, but the idea was awesome.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    -The kids spend a lot of time with the Autobots. What about their parents?
    Lol! my thoughts, exactly!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    A disk a night Griffin?

Good way to power through the first half of the series.
    It doesn't seem to take long to get through the episodes, playing them while I'm on the computer. It is amazing to think though, that in just a 3 or 4 days, I've watched half a year's worth of a TFs series. But with the story taking so long to get somewhere, (and worse with Energon), it really is the only way to watch it and enjoy it.

The core of Armada's story is the development of Starscream as an angsty anti-hero... though it seems like the writers decided to pick up on this almost halfway through the series.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    According to BotCon 2002 reports of the time, people went crazy when they saw the reuses of G1 character models for generics,
    Like a purple Sureshot, oversized Wheelie and undersized Fortress Maximus!

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    and of course, Armada's version of the G1 Transformers theme music.
    Beyond "GeeWun Nostalgia" I never understood why. The Armada opening theme song is just a jazzed up version of the G1 tune with a digitised voice saying "Transformers" over and over again. While it's not terrible I don't think it's anything to write home about... there just doesn't seem to be much creative effort put into that song. The tune isn't an original composition and the lyrics... yeah right. Compare this with the Micron Legend opening theme. Original composition, original lyrics... much greater effort all round. By comparison I really find the Armada opening theme to be just lazy.

I'm not a fan of any of the Anglophone shows' themes since G1. G2 was bleh... Beast Wars wasn't great either - but at least it's the most original post-G1 theme written for a Transformers TV series. Beast Machines was a song taken from a Leftfield album (it wasn't composed for Transformers) and every theme from RiD till now has just been some G1 rehash which I find uninspiring. The Animated theme is my favourite of these rehashes I must say - but it's still a rehash. I would love to see a wholly original composition made for an Anglophone TF opening theme.

I haven't heard an original TF song in English since 1997's Ground Zero.