Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Animated Transwarp Reviews

Wow... that was awesome! A thoroughly enjoyable episode - no real gripes other than the reappearance of the Headmaster (Animated human villains are just so _lame_). I hope the rest of Season 3 will be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That fembot is Red Alert. She is in Rodimus' team, and they should appear more in this season, along with Strika's team. They were both featured in the 24th issue of the Club's magazine if you have 'access' to a copy.
    Red Alert? Wow, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    At least all they have to do now is trick the decepticons to all gather in one place, re-wire sari into beserk mode and drop her into them all. War = over.
    Reminds me of River from Serenity/Firefly

Hmmm...

.... I DEMAND a TFA Movie!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    .... I DEMAND a TFA Movie!
    +1 that would be so WICKEDLY AWESOME and then everyone could forget about it and move on to the next thing

First thing I did when I woke up yesterday was watch it. Watched it twice more yesterday (great way to recover from a 10 hour concert!).

What a spectacular season opener, it took off right where the Season two premiere finished, and ties in plenty of other moments from the series, as well as setting up for more to come.

Loved that Rodimus and his team had their servo's handed to them, OilSlick's debut was great, Blackout looks interesting, and I do hope we see more of this Decepticon team later on. Wonder if red Alert is alive, Spittor's attack seemed to do some real damage, and I loved the 6-8 solar cycles line she gave Hot Shot.

Headmaster was a nice opening villain for the three parter, he was never a real threat, Prime again showed his quick thinking, and Starscreams body landing where it did (POSSIBLE SPOILER) has to be setting up for the return of Wreck-Gar.

Sari being the main "villain" of the second part was a nice twist, her draining the key of it's power has already left it's mark, in Ratchet showcasing his expertise, I think he will be needed more and more as the season progresses (at least I hope) and I thought the flashbacks were great. Bumblebee may have the most screentime, but Ratchet is easily the most fleshed out character on the show.

The Megatron-Starscream show just keeps getting better, I kind of want to take the head off my Voyager figure and have Megatron hold it aloft as a source of power, just because of this episode. Megatron's manipulation of Omega was sublime, and the contrast of Starscream taking control through treachery and brute force was character perfect.

Was nice to see Ironhide, Brawn, Wheeljack and Perceptor, even if Perceptor was the only one to get more than half a line, the first time a round I didn't catch all Perceptor said, but got it easily enough on later viewings.

Magnus can handle it in Animated, he can do whatever is needed for the Autobots to be victorious. Highbrow was interesting, but as many thought, Mainframe remains an Actionmaster.

Still cannot believe what happened to Blurr, that makes him the first real death in the series. Shockwave is losing control, and it looks like he cannot handle not being in control.

Won't go into detail on Sari, liked the origin story for her, certainly better than the "robotic child built from Megatron" origin I was expecting, the whole "upgrades equals puberty" idea was decent, and handled better than the "upgrades equals drugs" story from earlier in the series.

Funnily enough I didnt even notice the lack of Dinobots (who I thought may have been used as a distraction when the Autobots were fleeing from Omega-Megatron) or even Blitzwing and Lugnut until I tried to remember who they left out.

Spongescream was again the source of all the best lines, but I think the voice acting in general was terrific, the diversification of the cast is brilliant.

Bring on the Clones, Wasp and the Predaocns in the next month or so!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yeah it was an impressive episode. I hope it keeps this up during the rest of the season.

Looooooooved it.

I'm going to go against the trend. I liked seeing Animated back on, but I didn't love these episodes. The 6 hour wait was very annoying so maybe I was in the wrong mood to start with. Maybe it's just the poor outlook for the show & toyline that makes it's a little hard to get very enthusiastic about something that's already dying. There was after all nothing particular bad about this. I just can't say I loved them.

Professor Sumdac had never been to the Autobot's secret base before? Really? I never noticed that.

I liked how Sari's voice has changed as well to accompany her growing up. She's kind of a Beast Wars protoform using DNA from Sumdac to take on an organic outershell. But surely this can only lead to some sort of circular thing later in the series? I actually find teenage-cyborg Sari much more annoying than young human Sari.

I loved that Metroplex's design was actually used to look like a large Autobot city. (Although that ramp out the front is still too big!)

Did Mainframe do anything or just stand there? I guess Action Masters do just stand there...?

Rodimus and Strika's teams were cool in their brief appearances.

Megatron's use of Omega was excellent. When Omega had his big appearance in the last finale and got ported away I thought that was the last we'd see of him for a while so having his presence be a major factor in these episodes was good. I forget but didn't Ratchet wake him up in the finale though to be a WMD? Bit late to just be remembering how guilty he felt about it originally now isn't it? Although I like that particular aspect of the story a lot (but means I probably wont finish that TF Mosaic I had started which was exactly about this...)

And why does everyone think Blurr is dead rather than just squashed up? Who's to say Blurr didn't pick one an AllSpark fragment while he was on earth? Or maybe all he needs is Sari's key?

Seeing Blurr with Roadrunner legs was my highlight! Long live Blurr!

I didn't like Perceptor's voice. Doesn't suit the look of the character.
    Wish wheeljack and cyclonus had some lines.

Anyone else notice the refrence to season 3 intro of G1, (where blurr and wheelie are shown driving around the rings of some planet.)
    Also Oil slicks voice was cool but diffrent to what I expected, I hope he plays a bigger role later.
    Also dosn't the whole protoform thing remind anyone of "budding" from the marvel comics.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Budding#Budding
    could just be me...but that would kinda make megatron her...nevermind

Thumbs up

Wow...That was pretty intense.