Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Animated S3 Ep04 "Three's A Crowd" Discussion

It was an 'ok' filler episode. There were some lame bits but nothing killer like Professor Princess or yet another 'Sari and her robot friends' episode.

The origin of Dirtboss was a bit odd since unlike the other 'newly borned' bots who kind of learned as they went, he already had a fully defined personality. However his dynamic was fairly good as he gave more focus to the Constructicons instead of having them as drunken goofs.

this is an episode that reminds me and hopes that they DO NOT release the constructicons as toys as i want to collect all the show characters and that i really dont like the constructicon characters(they are terrible IMO) i would almost rather "Sari and her robot friends" sort of episode

don't worry loophole, the constructicons wont be getting toys.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Didn't really get in to this episode at all.

Re. the Headmaster, it could go either way. There's the option for more units since Powell developed them in S2, or it could (hopefully) be the last one and no more Headmaster. With the Key being depowered last ep and the Headmaster unit (maybe) gone now they're really reducing the plot devices...

Lugnut rules as always, I'm glad to see the Earthbound Decepticons showing up again.

didn't do much for me

Lugnut always makes an episode better, though no Blitzwing was a surprise.

Lagann, I mean Dirt Boss was different and decent, certainly is the right size to become a head for a gestalt. Don't care too much for the Constructicons, so I hope they get relegated to background players (since no- characters die in this series). Hopefully the Headmaster unit is gone, Masterton has run his course, it's time for him to able off, never to return.

Not a strong episode, and not a great pick to follow up after Transwarped, but then again it did have no Sari... Sludge Fossil Fuels was great, really wish we'd get Animated Sludge and Snarl...

Guessing the Dinobots appearance was to remind us that they still exist, meaning an upcoming focus point on them again. With the whole "Allspark creation" story, and Starscreams body falling into the river last week, I hope that equals the return of Wreck-gar soon too.
    Even in the same episode? We couldnt be that lucky could we?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy
    don't worry loophole, the constructicons wont be getting toys.
    See... now that really peeves me off. Why continue to focus so much exposition on the Constructicons and even introduce a new Constructicon when Hasbro's already decided not to make them as toys?!?!?!?!?!?!???!???!

Whoever made this decision needs to have his janglies whacked. (<_<)

Anyone got any ideas on why Dirt Boss is a Decepticon?

The other 2 had to become Decepticons, they didn't have an allegiance when they appeared. But why did Dirt Boss start out as one?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    See... now that really peeves me off. Why continue to focus so much exposition on the Constructicons and even introduce a new Constructicon when Hasbro's already decided not to make them as toys?
    I know Hasbro said so, but let's face it - they've said lots of things that turned out to be wrong. The opposite is the case according to this thread: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3719

And so far, the following rumours from that list have been verified (spoilers whited out):

1. Season 3 will air spring 2009.
    2. Hasbro already has models of the whole Season 3 crew, including more Starscream clones and re-paints.
    3. Wasp will return for Bumblebee in an episode.
    4. Shockwave will get exposed.
    5. You will see more of Cliffjumper and Ironhide in an episode.
    6. The Elite Guard will come back.PERMANENTLY (Including Blurr).
    7. Omega Supreme will be back.
    8. Constructicons will be back.
    9. Three Decepticons will switch to the Autobots.
    10. Wreck-Gar will be back.
    11. Constructicon toys coming soon as a Two-Pack Deluxe.
    12. In process of making more translucent figures like Optimus, Blitzwing, Megatron and others.
    13. Swindle will be back.
    14. They are not sure if human villains will be back.

And number 11 was "Constructicon toys coming soon as a Two-Pack Deluxe."