Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: International Sightings

Justowen says that the Optimus display is indeed at the airport.
    You going to ask them if you can have it when they are finished with it?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Justowen says that the Optimus display is indeed at the airport.
    You going to ask them if you can have it when they are finished with it?
    I have tried asking for displays repeatedly but it seems the only response I can ever get in Hong Kong is "can not!" even for the cheap cardboard stands and even when I get my husband to ask in Cantonese so as much as I would LOVE that display I don't think I have any chance of getting it. *sob*

Just got back from Japan and I was surprised at how little I saw on shelves (admittedly I only got to one Mandarake, one BIC Camera and 2 Toys R Us due to kids and skiing). Also prices in Hong Kong are currently on par with those in Tokyo after you add tax right now (in fact MP's and RID toys are cheaper in HK). But I did manage to pick up a Ghost Starscream Q Transformer.

Not sure if this has been shown anywhere else but while in Toys R Us today I noticed this die cast non transforming alt strip Bumblebee from Tomy Tomica:

The colour is actually more of a gold than yellow. Prices are in HK$

They also had 2 different RID2015 Bumblebee's:

I know the one on the right is old. Not sure how recent the one on the left (Night Strike) is but it is larger than the "original" which I found odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Not sure if this has been shown anywhere else but while in Toys R Us today I noticed this die cast non transforming alt strip Bumblebee from Tomy Tomica:

The colour is actually more of a gold than yellow. Prices are in HK$
    There should also be a black/aqua TFPrime Optimus as well. The pair were released beginning of last year, and I saw them when I was over there last April at one of the independent vendors at Richmond Arcade, but didn't buy them because they were too expensive (more than the TRU price, but TRU didn't look to have them yet at that time).

They also had 2 different RID2015 Bumblebee's:

I know the one on the right is old. Not sure how recent the one on the left (Night Strike) is but it is larger than the "original" which I found odd.
    It's the same mould, but looks to be packed higher in the bubble, and the wings are folded down to make room for it at the top of the bubble.

^ Thanks for the heads up on Tomica at HK TRU stores.
    While I am not a huge Tomica collector I do have a few and want to add more when I see them in person in a few months.

Went to a warehouse toy sale today hidden in an old factory warehouse in Kwun Tong (Hong Kong) and picked up these:

The top 2 my kids chose for themselves with their lai see money for their own collections.

They had a lot of different stuff on offer from MoTU, Gundam, Thunderbirds, Masked Rider, etc as well as Transformers.
    Transformers for sale were a real mixed bag. I wish I'd had someone like Griffin there to guide me...

A few pics from what was on offer. (All price tags are in HK$)

I took quite a few pics (despite being frowned at by the staff) so to make it easier and not flood this thread with photos if you want to have a look at many of the goodies that were there you can check the photo album out. If anyone sees an Optimus in those pics they think would be worthwhile and decently enough priced to add to my Prime Shrine please let me know. I was somewhat overwhelmed by what I found and not sure which figures might be worth it.

The sale is only on until Sunday 28th Feb 2016. If any of you are in town at the moment and want the address and directions let me know.
    I'm still trying to find out if this is an annual "clean out" event or a one off. None of the staff there spoke English (and my Canto isn't fluent enough to be able to ask that) - in fact I think they were rather shocked to see a westerner at an event that had only been advertised to selected groups in Chinese.

Blown away by the variety of good stuff they have there!

My suggestion for the Prime Shrine is God Ginrai. It's the chunky brick of awesome.

That place is a gold mine! Wish I was there to get God Ginrai (#C-310) & Star Convoy (#C-372)!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I think these minicons have already been posted in foreign sightings (and Drift is old) but I thought I would share the current retail price at Toys R Us Hong Kong just incase anyone is curious. Prices are in HK$

Animate (those of you who have been to Japan/Hong Kong may know of the chain store) is having a warehouse sale here this week (end date unknown but guessing only a few days).

I went along yesterday and had to take a number and wait for 1/2 an hour to get in.
    They had a diverse range of Transformers HOWEVER pricing was inconsistent.

Of the bargains I found - Road Rage for HK$200, some QT's for HK$30. The Jetfire I got actually came up as HK$60 but because of the sticker on it they gave it to me for $30.
    There were other bits and pieces but many of them were what I consider regular retail price. The Nike Marine Convoy shoe figure was HK$350. I wasn't sure if he was worth it so I skipped getting him. The Rodimus was HK$200. The EX sets were HK$450 each (they retail for that normally so not really a sale price).

The range of other toylines included Saint Sanya, One Piece, numerous well endowed Japanese anime, Star Wars (all Japanese release figures), Marvel, Gundam, Doremon, Ultraman, etc. They even had a HK$2000 Godzilla for sale!

They also had a huge range of books and magazines, including some awesome Gundam art books and Japan release Hobby Japan etc for HK$10 each.

I picked this up for HK$100 as I loved the recent one I found in Japan:

It wasn't anywhere as good as the previous sale I went to a while back but I did come away with a couple of finds. If anyone is over in the next week and would like an address let me know.

Apologies for the blurry pictures - I was trying to sneak them as they didn't want photos being taken and you even had to check your bag in before being allowed into the warehouse.