Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 394954555657585960 LastLast

Thread: November acquisitions.

Remember that Ironhide is only 1 out of 8 in the current case assortment. Next wave, he'll be 2 out of 8.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

November wrap...

-Classics Rainmaker Yellow
    -Classics Rainmaker Green

TFUniverse
    -Dropshot,
    -Blades,
    -Acid Storm x3,
    -Sideswipe,
    -BlueStreak,
    -Springer
    -Ratbat,
    -Roadbuster
    -Dirge,

25th Anniversary
    -Optimus Prime
    -Bruticus (5 figs)
    -Superion(5 figs)

-Camouflage Ruination, (5 figs)
    -TF Movie Premium Barricade,
    -TF Animated Sentinel Prime,

GENERATION ONE
    -Drilldasher,
    -Jetdasher,
    -FORTRESS MAXIMUS,
    -Broadside,
    -Mirage,
    -Red Alert,
    -Metroplex,
    -Brainstorm,
    -Micromaster sets x 3 (12 figs)

-G2 Ramjet
    -Energon Jetfire,
    -Energon Ravage

-Transformers Train Set

And now I'm poor and have no money for the kid's Christmas presents.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 3rd December 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    And now I'm poor and have no money for the kid's Christmas presents.
    hehe i know the feeling, if i look at how much i spent this month, or since joining this board, i think ill cry

As much as my wife complains about my spending money on TFs I always assure her that it will never encrouch on our living - i.e.: that she will never have to be compromised or 'suffer' as a result of my hobby. My wife is a full time student atm so I'm the sole bread-winner right now. But yeah... my hobby doesn't effect her. I always make sure that we have enough money for food, bills, mortgage, kitten maintenance and her personal expenses. So any time she feels like telling me that I'm spending too much money on Transformers, I remind her that my TF spending is not effecting her life in any detrimental way.

This is an expensive hobby - and one needs to ensure that their other financial responsibilities/obligations are met first. You just gotta budget yourself properly and make sure that you're not spending beyond your means.

I keep telling my wife that as a non-Christian I don't celebrate Xmas and therefore I don't see why I need to buy her a present... but apparently I do (although she gets me presents too). I also got roped into doing Secret Santa at work. Bah humbug! I want lollies on Chanukah...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I keep telling my wife that as a non-Christian I don't celebrate Xmas and therefore I don't see why I need to buy her a present... but apparently I do (although she gets me presents too). I also got roped into doing Secret Santa at work. Bah humbug! I want lollies on Chanukah...
    lol what!! I thought everyone celebrates christmas

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I keep telling my wife that as a non-Christian I don't celebrate Xmas
    Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    lol what!! I thought everyone celebrates christmas

Goktimus Prime

North Melbourne-bot...?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Holy crapola Digger! How many is that? 55 + Train Set in just 1 month!?

You put us all to shame... (I think I picked up 6-7 in November )

Christmas is a Pagan holiday anyway. Existed long before Jesus of Nazareth (he ain't no Christ to me)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Holy crapola Digger! How many is that? 55 + Train Set in just 1 month!?

You put us all to shame... (I think I picked up 6-7 in November )

From here things will slow right down I'm sure. I barely have the space to move anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gok
    I also got roped into doing Secret Santa at work.
    Nothing I hate more in the workplace (except maybe the painful work Christmas dinner) than Secret f****** Santa. Stupidest concept going around. Glad where I am now we don't do that crap.

Christmas is a Pagan holiday anyway. Existed long before Jesus of Nazareth (he ain't no Christ to me)
    Haha...I'm bringing my Bible and my Jehovah's Witnesses to the BBQ and we're gunna convert you!
    Hallelujah!!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I did find Ironhide, Sideswipe and Silverstreak at a Big W near us Liege, but all of their paint apps were shoddy, Sideswipe more so than the others. But they still sold in under 3 days. The tf sections across stores seem to be overly bare again.

It's amazing that Ben 10 is so popular, and does seem to sell very well, yet there is always Ben10 stock on shelves...
    Obviously its the parents buying em off on layby for xmas presents for the kiddies. Well at least they get the first shoddy painted batch. I can wait my turn when the stores are finally not in holiday mode ( but hopefully still on sale) and so are the parents. Then maybe well have overstock on the shelves with them streaks, ironhides and whatnot that weve been missing. It has happened to often that we rush to buy up all these figs so quick then weeks later, even months we see em shelfwarming whereas we had to travel to off the way places before just to locate one. Im not falling for that again. I have patience for now.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]