Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Optimus Primal

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Okay, I just caved and pre-ordered this toy. Can't wait!
    Knew that would happen

Anyone know how big that Ratchet in the picture is? I'm wondering now if Optimus Primal is even smaller than I was thinking.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

It looks like the Warrior class Ratchet... which would only make Optimus Primal slightly bigger than the Masterpiece Autobot Cars. No where near the size of MP Optimus, which is how big I thought Primal would be.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It looks like the Warrior class Ratchet... which would only make Optimus Primal slightly bigger than the Masterpiece Autobot Cars. No where near the size of MP Optimus, which is how big I thought Primal would be.
    Ok, not much smaller than I was thinking, I thought it was going to be more like Henkei Inferno size.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Figure he will stand well scaled with the CHUG Rhinox and Rattrap

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone know how big that Ratchet in the picture is? I'm wondering now if Optimus Primal is even smaller than I was thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Ok, not much smaller than I was thinking, I thought it was going to be more like Henkei Inferno size.
    Looks to be the same size as an Ultra Class figure, which is what the original gorilla Optimus Primal toy is. An Ultra Class figure is larger than a Voyager but smaller than a Leader. More recent examples include Universe Silverbolt, Dreadwind, Powerglide, Onslaught, Clench etc.

This might be the first time that an MP would be the same size as its original figure! (I don't own a G1 Star Sabre to compare with my MP, but it looks like the MP is larger).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Looks to be the same size as an Ultra Class figure, which is what the original gorilla Optimus Primal toy is. An Ultra Class figure is larger than a Voyager but smaller than a Leader. More recent examples include Universe Silverbolt, Dreadwind, Powerglide, Onslaught, Clench etc.

This might be the first time that an MP would be the same size as its original figure! (I don't own a G1 Star Sabre to compare with my MP, but it looks like the MP is larger).
    I'm sure I posted up a comparison of Star Sabre at some stage. Might again

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Well being MP-10 size wasn't going to happen at Primal's price-point.

Just like to point out that BW MPs are obviously not scaled to G1 MPs. If it were, then MP Beast Convoy would be tiny. Here's a human skeleton next to a gorilla skeleton - as you can see, even when standing fully upright, humans are still taller. Of course, gorillas don't stand upright (humans are the only primates who have a fully erect gait), so the a scale Optimus Primal's head would be somewhere between the heights of the Spike and Daniel figurines included w/ MP Ultra Magnus. This is in beast mode, so in robot mode it'd be maybe a head taller than Spike. Even going by cartoon scale, Optimus Primal would only be about as tall as MP Spike in Exo Suit in robot mode.

I suspect that they're sticking with the same size as the original Ultra Class toy for this. Although Dinobot was taller than Primal in the show, because in the cartoon Optimus Primal was really reduced to the size of a Mega (Voyager) and Dinobot was bumped up to an Ultra size. So if MP Beast Convoy is going to be Ultra size then I wonder if a potential future Dinobot would be Leader size.