Page 2 of 194 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The general consensus among fans is that the Autobot insignia was based on G1 Prowl/Bluestreak's head, and the Decepticon logo was based on Soundwave's. Anyway, here's a quick comparison pic...

As far as canon is concerned, the Autobot insignia is based on the image of Primus, while the Decepticon logo is based on Megatronus, a.k.a. The Fallen.
    I knew about the insignia being the image of Primus, but was thinking along the lines of who (in the fictional Transformers world, not humanity or real world) designed the logo... and I can't help thinking from a fictional point of view Ironhide had some hand in it because those initials are pretty damn prominent.
    I'm sure someone could come up with some pretty witty storylines for how it that I and H just happened to be there.

I just had a thought where that scene in AoE when Crosshairs says some stuff at brainwashing, but instead of saying Optimus, Drift is like "no, that is Goktimus Prime" my mind is crazy weird
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Anyone ever wonder about which character designed the Autobot logo? ...
    My money is on Ironhide. I'm pretty sure he left his initials in the design.
    Does anyone else see what I mean?
    I've always thought the H was a secret Honda advertisement
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I knew about the insignia being the image of Primus, but was thinking along the lines of who (in the fictional Transformers world, not humanity or real world) designed the logo... and I can't help thinking from a fictional point of view Ironhide had some hand in it because those initials are pretty damn prominent.
    I'm sure someone could come up with some pretty witty storylines for how it that I and H just happened to be there.
    Interesting theory, but that would presume that Ironhide had a great command of English millions of years ago back before humans developed it. Or perhaps like the Rigellian language, Cybertronian is coincidentally identical to English.

Also Ironhide only has one name (like Prince) so his initial is just I. So according to this theory maybe Hoist or Hound also collaborated with Ironhide.

Or maybe they are just Cybertronian symbols that just look like English letters. H is probably the Cybertronian symbol for Superman.

Anyone ever wonder about which character designed the Autobot logo? ...
    My money is on Ironhide. I'm pretty sure he left his initials in the design.
    Does anyone else see what I mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I can't un-see that now.
    HAHA, it took me a few seconds, I was looking at the gaps between segments...

now I can't unsee it either.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Throughout various continuities, the Autobots are described as being a faction or governing body on Cybertron that existed long before the Decepticons rose up and declared war against them. Thus the Autobrand is something that long predates the Cybertronian war, so it would appear that the origins of who and how the logo was designed may have been lost to antiquity. It may be a lot like asking "Who created the alphabet?"; such things aren't attributed to any single individual, but rather to various civilisations throughout time. The Autobrand probably started off as a religious symbol (re: Primus' face), but evolved through time to become the Autobot insignia. If we compare it with ancient religious symbols on Earth, we don't know who exactly created these symbols, but all we know is that they have become symbols. Whose idea was it to use a crucifix as a symbol of Christianity, the Star of David for Judaism, the Swastika as a symbol for Hinduism/Buddhism/Jainism (then later modified as the logo of the Nazi party)?

I don't think it's really possible to determine which single individual created the Autobrand. Even if Ironhide walked around claiming that he made it, he'd been seen as a lunatic.

"Fact is, I invented kissing. It was during World War I and they were looking for a new way to spread germs..."
    - Abraham Simpson (The Simpsons)

I was looking through some of the old storybooks, when I came upon this...What is the last sentence hinting at?

I can't decide if that is completely innocent or entirely disturbing

I knew Sunstreaker was meant to be vain, but now Sunstreaker is Narcissus?

I don't know if the last line is meant to be a double entendre, but the whole sequence seems kind of random, especially with Devastator looming in the background. Now I'm curious, what's the context?

You've never read The Autobot's Secret Weapon?

Spoilers: Devastator captures Sunstreaker as a hostage. Sideswipe and some of the Dinobots go to rescue him but they get caught too. Optimus Prime uses a trojan horse (a statue of Devastator) to sneak an Autobot army into Decepticon headquarters and save the day.