Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Every TF you own.... just gone!!!

Default Every TF you own.... just gone!!!

I saw an interesting thread over on TFW, thought I'd rip off the idea and see what people thought over here.

Basically the premise was if there was a fire, flood etc.... and you lost your entire collection, would you start again? or would that be it and you'd call it a day?

For me it's a hard question.... the amount of time I've sunk into finding all the G1 jet variants I have, not to mention all the money I've sunk into it! I'd like to think i'd start again, I really enjoy the hunt.... but in saying that, the idea of just trying to get back what I would of lost is daunting to say the least.

What would you do?

Can you claim on insurance?
    If not i'll move on...

I know for me my collection is insured.... but only for about half it's actual value.

Even if I got a payout for all my stuff, the idea of how much time I've sunk into finding certain pieces is scary to try and replicate.

Extra contents insurance on my plastic so I at least financially will recoup.

As for going again? Depends on my stage of life. I cant see myself going balls deep again though.

In any case I think I'd get a couple of notable figs to remember the collection by.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I've insured my collectibles for a couple of grand, so money isn't an issue, just the effort. But yeah, I would definitely try to restore some resemblance of my collection.

Yes we should all be taking out adequate insurance on our collections. My collection is certainly nowhere as extensive as some others here so it wouldn't seem like climbing Everest to replace.

Masterpiece from MP-10 on and G1 Combiners from Unite Warriors are what I am most focused on collecting and I would definitely replace those because that is still relatively easy to collect again. But the childhood memories of my moderate sized G1 collection could not be replaced and so I doubt I would buy them back. Also doubt I would buy back my Movie toys.

As much as I would like to think I would start collecting again, I'm pretty sure I would just give it up if I lost my whole collection.
    I've been building my collection my entire life - from my childhood G1 figures that I still own, right up to the Legends Fort Max that just shipped. I don't think I could start again after losing 30 odd years of blood, sweat, tears and dollars.

Not to mention that more than a few of my G1 pieces were really lucky buys. Either due to finding at an unbelievable price, or due to being in the right place at the right time for a couple of the hard-to-find figures. And like Janda, the sheer amount of time spent hunting some of my pieces is just crazy to think about.

This also reminds me... I should check the insurance value I have on everything

Mine is also insured. I think that I would just use the insurance money to just get Masterpiece figures even if I have to pay eBay price, I would have a lot of money leftover. I dont think I would or could replace my collection.

I'd keep doing what I do now, which is buying the figures that appeal to me as and when they're released.

I'd probably re-buy 5-10 of the past figures.

To be honest the rest of them sit in boxes, so I wouldn't particularly miss them.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Move on to MLP