Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unite Warriors Baldigus (Ruination) teaser

I did want a Baldigus back in the day when I was collecting RID/CR but now I'm not so sure. Has Ruination shown up in IDW? That might make it a buy as I'm still trying to get as close as I can to IDW complete.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Pictures are up
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/10/25/t...ination-327926
    They reversed the arms on Shuttler/Movor so UW Blast Off's back is now the chest to make him more screen accurate to RID/CR which makes him look much better IMO. Comes with recolours of CW Computron's hands and feet. I'm deff picking this one up.

they look great, colours are awesome, and the extra weapons are cool

however, as I've got no concept of who they are (never watched RID 1.0) this is a pass for me and my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    they look great, colours are awesome, and the extra weapons are cool

however, as I've got no concept of who they are (never watched RID 1.0) this is a pass for me and my wallet
    The bad guys in RID were Predacons, then they found some unformatted Autobots and turned them into Decepticons. Those Decepticons are the 5 that make up Ruination/Baldigus plus Scourge/Black Convoy.

Ruination in the TV show is the most toy accurate animation model of the Bruticus set. This new set looks more like the G1 animation model for Bruticus not the G1/RID toys so this set looks a little off from the show, but at least the colours are right. When Hasbro bought Baldigus over to the west along with changing his name to Ruination they made the toys a different colour scheme than the cartoon.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Its times like this you ask yourself...do I need another repaint?

Trying to find homes for all of the MP seekers is hard enough, let alone having 2 existing bruticus collections (CW and g2, was waiting on a sale on the UW), need to think hard on this one, it looks so good!

I wonder though, the head looks painted gold, what about the chest, I know the hands and feet aren't so there may be gps concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    This is the first UW that has opened at $150 with PC right? From memory they're usually $180.

I was going to say that the colours make Movor (Blastoff) look like a really nice toy in shuttle mode, compared to the Bruticus version... but the swapping around of the arms to make the back its new front, makes it look more like the original toy... and turning around the arms, head and legs of the Bruticus version doesn't look too bad either. You don't even notice the thumbs being on the outside of the hands unless you look really close, as it has those holes at the ends of the fists.

And Onslaught/Mega-Octane & Brawl/Armorhide comes with guns... so they can have their barrels on their backs and still have a gun. Looks like the Japanese Computron guns for Mega-Octane... and some Devastator guns... with the Hasbro Computron hands & feet - almost like they cherry-picked the best bits for this boxset.

Sold.

I just preordered from PC using their Zip Pay option. He may not be G1 or even IDW G1 but he looks so nice. I'll also use this as reason for me not to buy the Hasbro G2 CW figures even if I see them on deep discount, already have two Brutici no need for a 3rd.