Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

I've been loving Hyrule Warriors. Wonderful101 irritated me with the drawing system and it's crazy difficult sometimes with the clunky camera and controls.

After I finish my reports I'll get the Mariokart dlc and get back into it before smash wiiu is released.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Smash Bro's Release Pulled forward? Yes!

I've put one on lay buy solely for Hyrule Warriors. I'll try a few others SSMB - it's not the same on a small screen, Mario kart, HD wind waker. Classic Nintendo fare.

I got everything crossed they release monster hunter 4 on it though and the guy at EB keeps plugging Bayonetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead End View Post
    and the guy at EB keeps plugging Bayonetta.
    Believe the hype on that one!

Using the Smashstack exploit I was able to successfully load the Homebrew channel on the vWii

Now I can play international Wii games on the Wii U - Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead End View Post
    I've put one on lay buy solely for Hyrule Warriors. I'll try a few others SSMB - it's not the same on a small screen, Mario kart, HD wind waker. Classic Nintendo fare.

I got everything crossed they release monster hunter 4 on it though and the guy at EB keeps plugging Bayonetta.
    I've logged 125 hours in hyrule warriors so far, and I've got quite a fair bit to unlock! The recent dlc has added more goodies, money well spent on this one

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    I've logged 125 hours in hyrule warriors so far, and I've got quite a fair bit to unlock! The recent dlc has added more goodies, money well spent on this one

I've not finished story mode(promised a mate to play it together) but I've replayed a lot of earlier levels and I never get tired of Impa with her giants blade doing her water sky dagger attacks.
    The peons add on worked differently to what I was expecting but still fun!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Using the Smashstack exploit I was able to successfully load the Homebrew channel on the vWii

Now I can play international Wii games on the Wii U - Awesome!
    That's pretty cool, I hope they make one for the wii u part soon...It also lets you play dvds right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    That's pretty cool, I hope they make one for the wii u part soon...It also lets you play dvds right?
    No, you can't play DVD straight from disc - The Wii U Optical drive is unique and can't read anything else but Wii U and Wii discs. Even old music CDs won't play.

The only way you can play DVDs, CDs and Gamecube games is if you rip them and load them from a USB HDD - However having said that, it may be possible to try out an external USB DVD drive to load movies from but that's too much of a hassle as chances are, you already have a device that can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Last day to claim the MK8 free game, I recommend Monster Hunter.
    Hmm...I've had Monster Hunter for quite a while (was my selected choice for a free game), I just can't get into it. To me there seems like just far too much reading. Each character seems to want to talk an entire novel of rubbish before getting to the point. If they want to include so much personality, they should have included voice acting for the wii u version Imo... I don't really have time to read about everyone's life story just to learn how to use something that should be very simple. It kind of got waaaaay too tedious so I haven't played it since :-/