Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Combiner Wars cartoon images

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As noted already, these are only 8 minute episodes, so probably not a lot will happen in each one. (not even enough to be combined to be "movie length" )
    That's a good point griffin and if the Machinima MK Legacy series is anything to go by, 1/3 of the episode will be taken up with a "previously on..."
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I'd rather a good 8 minute mini story than endure another 2~3 hour Bayfest.

Doubt the show has the same animation. The pictures revealed earlier are animated differently. Besides, I kinda like that animation style. To each their own I guess

Yeah. one of the writers, George Krstic, just confirmed via twitter that only the preview is in a motion comic style, the series itself is fully animated.

Here's a Vimeo link for anyone who missed it because the fb one seems to be down.

https://vimeo.com/172579428
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I like the feel of it, I'm looking forward to the full blown animation of the series proper. Prime sounds funny, like Cullen on a bad day. Megatron doesn't sound like Welker at all.

There was mention of getting as many G1 voice actors involved as possible, I hope they get Welker in for the series proper if they use Megatron or any of the other characters he's created voices for.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Ok... that was cool.

Is Machinima a streaming service? To be honest I havent bothered looking them up

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I like the feel of it, I'm looking forward to the full blown animation of the series proper. Prime sounds funny, like Cullen on a bad day. Megatron doesn't sound like Welker at all.
    Apparently it's not Cullen or Welker. I've heard that it's the Honest Trailers narrator doing Optimus Prime and I don't know who's doing Megatron. But yeah, that'd be why they sound a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Apparently it's not Cullen or Welker. I've heard that it's the Honest Trailers narrator doing Optimus Prime and I don't know who's doing Megatron. But yeah, that'd be why they sound a bit off.
    That would be Jon Bailey as Optimus Prime
    Xbox Live - Morgatron84
    PSN - Bullzye111
    Twitter- Morgatron84

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaber View Post
    That would be Jon Bailey as Optimus Prime
    Yep - it is and it is terrible.
    I really like Jon Bailey and his Epic Voice Guy/Honest Trailer stuff but his Prime is terrible.
    It actually feels more like a mockery of Cullen to me than a homage.
    I had a lot of trouble sitting through the video because the voice doesn't work with the imagery at all.

If they can't afford to get Peter they should have gone with a different voice, not a cheap imitation imho.

It just shows how important the quality of a good voice is to animation. You can take an awesome character like Optimus and really destroy who he is with bad voice work.

If they don't have Cullen and Welker for the rest of the series I probably won't be overly keen to watch any Optimus/Megatron scenes.

On the plus side I like the imagery. The characters look so much better than the RID 2015 animated renders. I actually don't mind the comic book style animation either for what this was supposed to portray but a proper animation sequence will look amazing.