Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformers Combiner Wars cartoon images

This trailer doesn't really show much of anything, guess I'll wait till the actual show, prequel thingy comes out.

On the subject of the voice, It is a change so hard for long time fans to get used to. I don't really think Jon Bailey does a terrible job but he goes a bit to deep, and draws too heavily on the modern movie Prime so I too found it a little jarring. I would have preferred they cast someone closer to the Dr Smoov voice actor who sounds a bit closer to Cullens youthful G1 Optimus voice.

At some point as fans I think we have to accept some new blood to take over, Cullen's getting on in years and he already sounds vastly different to the Prime of old. Either that or they have to get some new leaders to take over, and we know Hasbro's not going to allow that.

I wonder if it's because Cullen's schedule is already quite busy voicing Optimus Prime for Robots In Disguise and The Last Knight. I agree that the Honest Trailer voice does sound more like Cullen's current Optimus Prime voice as opposed to his G1 Optimus Prime voice. His current voice is very much slow and sounds more like a quote engine rather than actually speaking with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

At some point as fans I think we have to accept some new blood to take over, Cullen's getting on in years and he already sounds vastly different to the Prime of old. Either that or they have to get some new leaders to take over, and we know Hasbro's not going to allow that.
    I agree and I think personally I would have rather they gone with a completely different voice than an attempted copy-cat version of movie Prime.

Whilst Peter Cullen will always be my Optimus I am open to a different voice if they can get something that is unique enough yet still has the command and humble qualities imbued by the original.

But then people will complain that he sounds too different. There are some fans who will cry foul whenever there's anything different and hate on it just because it's different. We saw it with the "Trukk Not Munkee" mob when Beast Wars came out, as well as people who sent death threats (yes) to Bob Skir and Michael Bay for Beast Machines and Bayformers. I have serious criticisms against BM and Bayformers, but none of them are based on the premise of "because it's different." And while Michael Bay has a thick hide that allows him to shrug off such vitriol, we know that Bob Skir did not fare as well and was seriously upset by people making threats against him and his family.

But yeah, it's thanks to this mentality that Hasbro errs on playing it 'safe' and maintaing the status quo by sticking close with G1 as possible. And for those who are wondering why Transformers rarely strays away from G1... yep.

Came into this thread ready to ask what's wrong with Prime's voice? Reading the above, it all makes sense now. Knew something was off.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

On the voice front, why don't they do the slight robot voice they did on the G1 cartoon. It's easy to do, duplicate the track and shift the timing of one of the tracks very very slightly and it sounds better.

Here's a quick edit I did. It still has some music and crap in there, but you get the general gist of things. Meg still aint the best, but Prime sounds a bit better.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...DZkMldxZXo3WDA

A preview clip shown at Cybertron Con, with Megatron fighting the Constructicons.