Thread: Photos from HK AGC (Ani-com) 2015

Default Photos from HK AGC (Ani-com) 2015

I thought I would share some of the photos my daughter and I took at ani-com yesterday here in Hong Kong.
    Apologies if this is the wrong place - feel free to move or delete as necessary Griffin.

It was MUCH busier this year and some of the booths had impossible queues (for example we only queued at Hasbro/Toys'R'Us for 1/2 an hour, Lego for an hour, and didn't even bother trying to buy anything from Hot Toys as their queues were several hours long.)

I've only posted some of my pics due to the fact I know this will be an image intensive post but you can see my full set of Transformers pictures here or photos of everything (including that ridiculously large Millennium Falcon) here.

Hasbro had their models back at work this year - however it was Megatron joining Prime this time.

The queue was pretty bad... but SDCC Devastator / Combiner Hunters / Combiner Wars were flying off the shelves. Anyone who thinks the Transformers brand is struggling for sales really needs to come to Asia and see how crazy it gets.

There was only one real custom display this year for Transformers using combiner wars figures. It was dark and unfortunately most of my pics weren't good enough to make it off the SD card.

Ultra Prime was on display but hard to see as he was up high and the lighting in the Hasbro displays tended to obscure the figures.

The dinobots I posted pictures of over in their own thread so I won't repeat any of those pics here.

They had a few Masterpieces on display including Tracks, Road Rage and Bluestreak. (No Ironhide though *sniff*)

Kidslogic had lots of their figures on display.

Devastator has shrunk since I saw his prototype in December and I have to say I'm really underwhelmed by him (which is a lot given I have all their previous Transformers figures except Starscream). He won't scale well with the other figures as he isn't much larger than the other MN's.

Grimlock is now coloured (metallic silvers and bronzes) and has a AoE Optimus Prime mini figure that I assume will come as a bonus freebie or add a few more dollars for him. No price or pre-order on him yet.

The Devastator mini figures were on display but you could only see their fronts.

Bumblebee is FINALLY coloured too...
    Although this guy was also on display...

And I'm not sure if he is supposed to be "battle damaged" or dark energon zombie Bumblebee or something else... anyone know?

Starscream was floating around but I still can't get over the design of his canopy.
    Kidslogic didn't have any NEW Transformers prototypes on display so I'm not sure if they've got anything in the works after Grimlock as they seem to be shifting attention to Star Wars (like everyone else at the moment). I was kind of hoping they'd be working on a MN Soundwave.

Herocross also had their Bumblebee finally coloured up. As much as I don't like the aesthetic of AoE Bumblebee I don't mind this figure.
    They also had 3 different Optimus Prime's. AoE, Peterbilt Prime and a limited to 500 pieces shiny Peterbilt Prime for HKAGC which I got but haven't had time to take out of his box yet. I'll take photos of him eventually...

I never found the Oritoy Optimus and a few other places we skipped due to the wait times to get into booths.

Man that cute AoE grimlock with optimus riding him look awesome.... ill be on the lookout for that releases .... nice photo

what is the name of that grimlock, looks cool

Road Rage and Tracks look stunning, looking forward to getting those two beauties
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I like the look of Ironhide. When all of the 1984 Autobot cars are eventually done they will look awesome on the display shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    what is the name of that grimlock, looks cool
    That grimlock is by Kidslogic. Currently it is still in prototype. It's a lot smaller than the Prime1 version so (for me anyways) will fit better into the display cabinet... and hopefully be a little easier on the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I like the look of Ironhide. When all of the 1984 Autobot cars are eventually done they will look awesome on the display shelf.
    I'm a sucker for Ironhide and I really love the look of him too so I was somewhat disappointed they didn't have him on display side by side with their other upcoming releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I'm a sucker for Ironhide and I really love the look of him too so I was somewhat disappointed they didn't have him on display side by side with their other upcoming releases.
    Yeah we are not sure what is going on with Ironhide especially still nothing about a release date

Sorry... I was getting my Asian conventions mixed up.

The Japanese Wonderfest has Ironhide, and I was looking at it earlier in the day not realising it wasn't the HK convention.