View Poll Results: What's your favourite or preferred alt-mode for Megatron?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gun

10 43.48%
  • Tank

8 34.78%
  • Aircraft (fighter jet, helicopter, stealth bomber, etc.)

1 4.35%
  • Motor vehicle (car, truck, etc.)

0 0%
  • Beast mode (specify in comment)

1 4.35%
  • Other (specify in comment)

3 13.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favourite or preferred Megatron alt-mode

Gun is my favourite form, just because it’s what I grew up on and it was really clever. It’s understandable why Hasbro wants to avoid a gun mode nowadays, but some kind of cannon/spacegun like someone said before would be cool.

Also, is the same “no guns” logic applied to Shockwave, or is the tank/emplacement/artillery thing just preferred? His G1 form is a pretty bizarre, weird looking scifi blaster, less realistic than a nerf gun or any toy laser gun.

I’d love a laser gun Generations Shockwave, but I have no idea how likely it is. Only then would I be okay with him being leader class, to fit in the hand. If it’s a tank thing, voyager.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I went gun mostly for nostalgia. The argument about guns being a passive tool fired by someone else never bothered me. Rather Megatron transforming into a gun was a signal that things were getting very real.

I never believed there was a good Megatron tank until the Combiner Wars Leader. For the first time it combined a tank mode with a G1 aesthetic which showed the concept could work. For me the old green and purple tanks were like Superman showing up in green and yellow.

I don't think Megatron should ever be an aircraft. That is Starscream's role and messes with the pair's dynamic.

Galvatran Guest

I always thought gun implacements like they had in the war would be a good comprimise modified for self driving. Similar to what they did for shockwave. A tank is too common for megatron as there are many other tankformers.

I chose tank, but logic dictates jet fighter. You only need to see that end fight scene in Saving Private Ryan to see what happens when a fighter takes on a tank. #bringtherain

Submarine mode:

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I chose tank, but logic dictates jet fighter. You only need to see that end fight scene in Saving Private Ryan to see what happens when a fighter takes on a tank. #bringtherain
    Aircraft can't hold ground. They are harrassers. Strike and fade. Starscream's modus operandi.

While I agree with the Private Ryan example in real life Megatron is more about drawing a line in the sand and daring all comers to take him on. The genius bruiser.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Gun is my favourite form, just because it’s what I grew up on and it was really clever. It’s understandable why Hasbro wants to avoid a gun mode nowadays, but some kind of cannon/spacegun like someone said before would be cool.

Also, is the same “no guns” logic applied to Shockwave, or is the tank/emplacement/artillery thing just preferred? His G1 form is a pretty bizarre, weird looking scifi blaster, less realistic than a nerf gun or any toy laser gun.

I’d love a laser gun Generations Shockwave, but I have no idea how likely it is. Only then would I be okay with him being leader class, to fit in the hand. If it’s a tank thing, voyager.
    With this in mind, Hasbro can't really use political correctness as an excuse not to produce a Megatron that turns into a sci-fi inspired gun. Combiner Wars Shockwave (the Legends figure) wasn't released too long ago, and that turned into a laser gun. Most of the single-carded Titan Master and Prime Masters had weapon modes. The Battle Masters (formerly Target Masters) in the upcoming War For Cybertron line turn into sci-fi weapons. Thinking about it now, Megatron could arguably be considered the first Target master (turns into a gun that can be used by other Decepticons).

I think as long as they make the gun non-realistic (like a laser gun or some other sci-fi weapon), Hasbro could easily get away with releasing a new Megatron with a gun mode. Question is; do they want to? They seem madly obsessed about trying to convince people that he's always been a tank.