Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The X-Files: 6-part mini series

I was a huge fan back in the day and I'm loving the new series. Can't believe it's already half over though
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatran Guest

Watched Episode 5 last night. How does a guy who blows himself up still has a full set of eyebrows & face that's recognisable whilst everyone else in the building at the time of the blast was on fire from head to toe????

For a brief moment into the episode it was heading down the Californication path.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    For a brief moment into the episode I thought I was watching Californication.
    I was getting that vibe as well! Hell! I was getting that vibe from the very first episode! For a moment there, I thought Mulder was going to bend that Russian chick over and give her a probing.

Anyway, episode 4 seemed like a Scully episode with an X-File tacked on just to make it an X-File (as opposed to a plain drama) and episode 5 seemed like an ep that was meant to introduce replacement agents.

The only problem is, the replacement agents had zero charm and could be described as Meathead and Bitchy -- although that has a much better ring to it than Miller and Einstein.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Garry Chalk was on the TV in the background in one of the scenes as a newscaster. Was hoping he'd have a bigger role though, but he didn't.
    Last edited by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!; 22nd February 2016 at 11:23 PM.

I love the X-Files, but if ep 5 is what we have to look forward to if they ever reboot the series, kill it off now. It was absolute sh!t.

Hopefully they end it right.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

two out of the six episode actually advance the main plot ... gee this is worst then anime !! lol I think they just did the mini series too introduce the two new agent that going to replace Mulder and Scully . It also setup and reintroduce that underlining alien conspiracy theory for the new series in which nothing really happen anyways the plot just goes round in circles . i predict that we see a UFO in the first episode of the new series and then never to be seen again ....lol

Now that it's finished, I wish I could unsee it. That last episode had more plot holes than AoE. If they're going to ruin the show like that, I hope it never comes back.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Megatran Guest

^ The final episode is on this Sunday. I think you are confusing an episode of Californication. Plenty of holes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ The final episode is on this Sunday. I think you are confusing an episode of Californication. Plenty of holes indeed.
    Oops... forgot that Australia / Channel 10 is behind the rest of the world. It was a really good episode. Make sure you watch it
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks