View Poll Results: GEN Metroplex - worth buying?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... two, three, or even all of them!

17 26.98%
  • Yes, but just one

34 53.97%
  • Only if...

7 11.11%
  • Not worth it

1 1.59%
  • I'm not even interested.

4 6.35%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review: Generations Metroplex (all versions)

Tip: Test the electronic gimmick BEFORE applying the stickers! Sticker application is extremely time consuming on this toy, and you do NOT want to have to do it all again if you need to exchange the toy!!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I don't have mine yet, but as far as the fake shoulder helipad is concerned Paulbot, I think because it becomes the helipad when in mobile battle station mode - just looking at the promo pics from griffins first post.
    There's a small helipad for the mobile fortress mode and a large helipad for the city mode. You can see if it you look closely at the stock image. I think that's a rather clever feature of the design.

I've only just taken mine out of the box and popped his arm in.

Haven't transformed him, haven't applied the stickers, haven't put the batteries in - YET I LOVE HIM!!!

SO chuffed with this figure (though yes I do find him lanky!) - cant wait to get to grips with him!

Edit: Just finished Transforming him - wow - that was waaay easy! Very reminiscent of the original Metroplex. Gathering his battle station mode will look better with stickers attached, do like the look of his city mode. Good range of sound effects, they seem to try and emulate the sound a giant TF would make transforming instead of a regular one, and the voice bytes are a mixture of homages to the game and general Autobot platitudes. All I have to do now is tackle the sticker sheet. Personally I was one of those people that was happy when they did away with sticker sheets and had everything done straight into the plastic, and the prospect of putting on this multitude of stickers has got me procrastinating majorly.

(Photo not as cool as Griffins but for some reason it makes me think I should have a christmas tree in the background )

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 21st August 2013 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Personally I was one of those people that was happy when they did away with sticker sheets and had everything done straight into the plastic, and the prospect of putting on this multitude of stickers has got me procrastinating majorly.
    Hunnert percen' agree, bro. Stickers are the one thing I don't like about Arms Micron (that and the actual Arms Microns themselves). I don't mind stickers on G1 toys -- they're recreating toys of Yesteryear... but stickers on contemporary toys irk me.

------------------------------------------------------

So I measured Metroplex's height -- about 58cm, so approx. 3cm taller than Fortress Maximus.

I also weighed him on my bathroom scales -- 3kg, making him 2kg lighter than Fortress Maximus (whom I also weighed, and yeah, he's about 5kg).

I've set up a Metroplex Comparisons Thread for anyone to post photos of their Metroplex compared to any other Transformer toy or pets or kids or whatever.

ispayks is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

After seeing a nice side to side comparison, I think I really like the Hasbro one. Mainly I don't like the chrome feel on the Takara version.

Still waiting patiently for it to hit the stores here.

I like the chrome on the TakTOM version -- but I'm not willing to fork out a premium price for it.

As mentioned on the TF Venting thread, one of the toes on mine has a stress mark after I was playing w/ it last night. Also when transforming the head the helmet "dislocated" and I had trouble transforming it back to head mode until I got it to realign correctly.

Last night I noticed that Metroplex has a wheel in his pubic basin (i.e. the pelvis' subpubic angle). Obviously placed there to help a toy of this size and weight to roll in mobile fortress mode, unlike he G1 toy which is small and light enough to rely solely on the wheels located on the legs.

I must say that this is one of the best transformers ever. The downside is that joints are not very tight.

It is a very big toy and you do need a large space to play with it. I like placing the CV and Legends and the new CV with minicon in city mode as it looks stunning.

Thinking of getting the SDCC version but don't think it's worth the extra $200. Plus I'm unsure of the chrome face. Doesn't look right IMO.

For me, it does not look as good as the cheaper, normal version.