View Poll Results: GEN-15 Legends Thundercracker - worth buying?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 50.00%
  • Only if...

4 33.33%
  • Not worth it

1 8.33%
  • Not even interested

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 Legends Thundercracker

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 Legends Thundercracker

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted in the pre-existing group review topic here.

Thundercracker
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco (2013 Starscream - no Targetmaster)
    Wave - 1
    Released here - scheduled for March 2015 (out in Asia & America December 2014)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $20) US$10
    Approximate Size - 10cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Fighter jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - none (Gen1 homage)
    Main Colours - Blue, black, red, grey.
    Main Accessories - two arm guns

Last edited by griffin; 12th January 2015 at 09:43 PM.

Its a solid mould, but the only reason I got it was because it was in the box with his wave mates...

Is that official image mistransformed? Looks like there's a double hinge to flip the wings.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Is that official image mistransformed? Looks like there's a double hinge to flip the wings.
    Yeah, it should be flipped up the same as Starscream and Acid Storm that share the mold.

I quite like the figure, was playing with him tonight. With 3 Seekers having this mold already I REALLY hope they finally use a mold where they do EVERY Seeker and honorary Seeker as I've not got a particular mold that does this and on this small scale it would be quite affordable

I've seen pics where it looks like Thundercracker has the 3rd mode of chest armor fir the Gestalts - I see no evidence of it in his instructions so wondering if it's true.

Hmmm... yet another example of "when Hasbro's outsourced photographer can't transform the toys for official images or packaging". I guess someone just took it out of the packaging and photographed it... when they should have looked on the back of the packaging to see what it should look like.

At least it isn't as bad as RID Legion Steeljaw - mis-transformed in both modes. The robot mode still has the tail behind the head, and the vehicle mode still has the robot feet sticking out the front.

I prefer to have official images on the archive, but I might consider trying to replace that with a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Its a solid mould, but the only reason I got it was because it was in the box with his wave mates...
    Same here. Haven't even opened the packaging yet, same with Windcharger.

Based on Acid storm, the other version of this mould I have, really cool design - first G1 seeker design I've had that transforms like the animation model, which makes it nostalgic for me.

However, as I already have 7 of the deluxe seekers, I'm not so sure I need another size class of all of them... (Only got Acid Storm in the first place to get Gears)

As my first version of the mold, I'm impressed (though why not then make Starscream the Wave 2 Leader!?!?!). Love the slim look, both in jet and robot mode. Only wish the head was a little less trapped in the chest area, but ah well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    As my first version of the mold, I'm impressed (though why not then make Starscream the Wave 2 Leader!?!?!).
    I can understand why they probably preferred not to do Starscream first, to differentiate it from the previous release of the mould in case it is still on shelves in stores (Jetfire was white, and Stascream's light grey is closest of the three Decepticons).
    So of the other two, why Thundercracker first? There is a Thundercracker toy just out in Wave 1 (Legion), so why not Skywarp as the first Leader in wave 2 to give some variety... instead of ending up with the "Bumblebee syndrome" of multiple toys of the one character on shelves at the one time.
    Then Starscream could be next, followed by Thundercracker, for greatest separating of the (re)colours.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So of the other two, why Thundercracker first? There is a Thundercracker toy just out in Wave 1 (Legion), so why not Skywarp as the first Leader in wave 2 to give some variety... instead of ending up with the "Bumblebee syndrome" of multiple toys of the one character on shelves at the one time.
    s.
    Despite comics not being included in the 2015 Generations I think the toy marketers are keeping an eye on IDW (hence why we saw relatively obscure characters like Swerve, Tailgate & Brainstorm get 2014 toys). Right now ol' Cracker is big in the RID comic whereas Skywarp is just hooked up to machine not doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Despite comics not being included in the 2015 Generations I think the toy marketers are keeping an eye on IDW (hence why we saw relatively obscure characters like Swerve, Tailgate & Brainstorm get 2014 toys). Right now ol' Cracker is big in the RID comic whereas Skywarp is just hooked up to machine not doing much.
    It's funny, I think for the first time in fiction, the three original seekers all have different bodies/alt modes
    Starscream is in his Armada form
    Thundercracker in his earth form
    Skywarp is still rocking the WFC/FOC Cybertronian mode