Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TR Horri-Bull, Fangry and Squeezeplay WIP thread

Very impressive work, you might have to do another metrotitan with that paint methinks.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Very impressive work, you might have to do another metrotitan with that paint methinks.
    Nooooooo!!!!

I’ll be doing a Fort Max though because I am an idiot. Look out for it in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Great stuff!
    Thanks!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Default ALL FINISHED

(Please let me know if there's any images in this post that don't show up...)

Done.

Here's some group shots:

I'll add some descriptions of each one that I put up on my FB site.

Fangry: Created from a TR Wolfwire, using pieces (specifically the wings) from a TR Mindwipe (was originally going to use wings from a Twinferno, but they were not nearly epic enough), with a resin cast 5mm peg and plate to insert into both the shoulder of the robot mode and the back of the alt mode. The gun was also originally Mindwipe's, painted and added a peg to insert to become the alt mode tail.

Horri-Bull: Probably the most altered figure. I took a TR Skullcrusher, cut a piece out of the snout and inverted the end to give him a nasty looking underbite as well as a more bull-like profile. I added resin casted horns copied from a Fansproject Cubrar. The neck section also needed to be carved out and filed down to accommodate the new horns. His back feet were filled out with epoxy putty to create a more G1 look. the tail section was removed, and a new hole created between the back sections of the robot legs/alt mode rear to fit the new gun - a double-barrelled "tail", again to be the same as the G1 toy. The gun was made from Twinferno's gun, glued together and with the 2 handles removed and replaced with a single central resin-casted 5mm peg and plate. The Titan Master face is a resin cast copy from a Terri-Bull Titan master from my own collection.

Squeezeplay: The furthest departure from the G1 toy - more of a homage and representation than a straight-up update, compromises had to be made due to the nature of the base figure. He doesn't have as complex a transformation sequence than the Twinferno mould base figure. I removed the wings from Twinferno, and created a new head, using the face from a Titan Master Crash Bash, and fusing it with a resin cast copy of the monster head from a RID Quillfire. There was a compromise here too, the alt mode has a face on the back and the robot mode has a monster head hanging off of it, not ideal, but still looks pretty cool IMO. The Titan Master still works, albeit with a monster head on the back of its legs. I hand-painted stripes on the robot hands/alt mode to homage the pincers from the G1 toy.

Thanks for following along with this thread!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

outstanding!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Brilliant as always!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Love these!
    It's amazing how vibrant the colours have come out too.

Absolutely phenomenal work. So much work I can see went into these and the result shows it. Outstanding

Galvatran Guest

The results speak for themselves! And I like the WIP commentary that comes with these threads too. Thanks for sharing.