Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AusPost launching a US mail forwarding service

Yep, same address, but Suites start with SM (probably our country code for their sorting process).

Maybe it was an American company that set up that warehouse, and then solicited joint-ventures from postal companies around the world, to be their middleman for shipping.

Amazon still list Australia as a country it will send toys to. Maybe it's a matter of Hasbro and others following Lego's example. Also remember theres shipping differences between Amazon and the various companies that are "Fulfilled By Amazon". I refuse to use Amazon any more for toys because they have a bad habit of mangling the packaging.

As long as Hasbro doesn't crack down on BBTS I'm ok with them crippling Amazon.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Without knowing how many toys Amazon sell; I looked through quite a few other brands that I have some interest in and then some I don't. My estimate that 95% of all toys Amazon sell, no longer ship to New Zealand.

Maybe it got too hard for them, maybe the companies are cracking down on things. Who knows.

On topic, good to know its the same address.
    Be interesting to hear the experience you have. As I said, I wouldn't go back to shipping direct to New Zealand vis USPS anymore after using this service. I just have to be a tad selecting on what I ship there and when I purchase it

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Seems pricey, min $25 postage per item, but I don't know how much the US based forwarders cost people?

Mine does a flat rate $8 per parcel, and can also consolidate orders.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Mine does a flat rate $8 per parcel, and can also consolidate orders.
    Who's that?

creating an account was easy enough, now to take it for a test spin

and of all places to place an order... kmart.com

it's also interesting to see the free shipping offers that the major retailers like kmart, walmart, TrU, target etc offer
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 4th November 2014 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    creating an account was easy enough, now to take it for a test spin

and of all places to place an order... kmart.com

it's also interesting to see the free shipping offers that the major retailers like kmart, walmart, TrU, target etc offer
    Yeah, a lot of the majors have that now to compete... and I'm hoping that helps offset the postage charged by ShopMate.

I saw that Channel Ten mentioned it on the news tonight, and maybe other news programs... so that should give it some legs to kick it off with.

This is a great idea and I'm happy to support it but yeah I think it will give the Australian retailers something else to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Tropisetron View Post
    Probably a good timing for competition...

Watch the Wreckers at DHL

http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/tra...-1227112130491
    I think those same guys must work for Australia post too!!

This is the condition of the box I received yesterday which had my copies of TF Box Art in it

Fortunately they only suffered minor dinging on the corners (mostly due I think to the gift wrapping protecting them more). Two things could of helped this box to arrive intact and in good condition. 1. Amazon US should of shrink wrapped the books to cardboard to reduce movement in the box like I've had amazon Japan do with the generations books and 2. the fwits like in this video could take more care with stuff that doesn't belong to them

It's not DHL or Australia Post... it's the airport luggage-handlers (in that video), who have no accountability or responsibility to treat the "luggage" with any element of care. Particularly if *their* bosses have them on a tight schedule or don't pay them enough to take pride in their work.

It's probably why Australia Post stopped having "fragile" stickers, because they know how the airport workers operate... and figured that they couldn't do anything about it, or couldn't risk the airport workers refusing to handle their freight in retaliation.

The Parcel I just got from amazon was smashed in, all the transformer packaging in it was ruined beyond belief and crushed in. Yet some how every figure was not damaged the slightest. Yet the boxes for them look like a truck ran them over. I should of taken a picture, it was terrible.