Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So it reshapes by itself?
    Pretty much. It basically goes back to how it should be, only somewhat flaccid because it's hot. The only issue I can think of is that it can affect paint applications.

Trying it now on Carnivus' sword. How long should I wait and should I keep it submerged?

Not long - literally just until it's soft enough to reshape.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Not long - literally just until it's soft enough to reshape.
    It didn't get soft at all. Oh well maybe it's for softer rubbery accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It didn't get soft at all. Oh well maybe it's for softer rubbery accessories.
    Oh... I just assumed it was the rubbery type of weapon. Maybe it would need boiling then... probably best to ask at/search He-Man.org to make sure.

Yeah I think I will look around. Thank you.

I tried it on 200x Zodak's staff and it seemed to work but after a while it reverted back to it's 'bendy' shape. I may not be doing this right.

Never mind, I scored one.
    Last edited by kup; 24th November 2010 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    They're not knockoffs, they're of exactly the same ilk as the loose Transformers that are sold on eBay from China - stolen from the factory.
    I bought a few of these loose MOTUC figures and I can confirm that they are indeed legit but I can also add that they are not just stolen but factory rejects or returns.

Here is the condition of the figures I received:

Beast Man
    EBay Auction Page
    Figure received
    Unpainted mouth + plus a very 'dirty' painted head.

Faker
    EBay Auction Page
    Figure received
    Incorrect forearm & Twisted ankle

Evil-Lyn
    Ebay Auction Page
    Figure Received
    Paint defects and blotches throughout her body.

She-Ra
    Ebay Auction Page
    Figure Received Scratches and rough surfaces all over her gold armor and overall 'dirty' paint job

If you see a Chinese dealer selling lots of loose MOTUC figures, beware as they are not just 'loose' but factory rejects.

The Dealer's "What can you see and what can you get." in the description is also very misleading as he has clearly taken photos of his best toys and selling the worse ones as what I got is certainly not what is in the Auction picture.

Awww, that sucks. Recieving defective toys when you expect a perfect to is incredibly dissapointing. I certainly hope you reported the seller. I'll recommend the seller TAF inc, where I got my first lot of MOTUC Figs from, all MOC and most under 40 bucks. Some even under 30 U.S. Keep in mind this seller does charge a "Handling Fee" So go for a few figures and combined shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Awww, that sucks. Recieving defective toys when you expect a perfect to is incredibly dissapointing. I certainly hope you reported the seller. I'll recommend the seller TAF inc, where I got my first lot of MOTUC Figs from, all MOC and most under 40 bucks. Some even under 30 U.S. Keep in mind this seller does charge a "Handling Fee" So go for a few figures and combined shipping.
    I am allowing the seller to offer me a reasonable resolution but if he doesn't then it's Paypal refund time.