Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

Not Classics/Universe - but reissue Omega Supreme's plastic looks and feels thinner than on the original. The stronger LED on the reissue shines right through the tank turret/head as opposed to the original G1 toy's lamp too - but putting that aside the plastic on the reissue does feel/look thinner. Not necessarily in a bad way though - IMO the plastic quality on Encore Omega Supreme is adequate.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hey hey,

I just wanted to share my interpretations of the Universe Bruticus and Superion transformers. You'll note that the Superion is just the same as another that someone has done, however the Bruticus (though it resembles some already done) is different in the feet. The way others had done it really bothered me so here's my go. For more pics on the Bruticus feet go to the review thread

Edit: Linking to a smaller version of the image

Looks great. Gonna try both later.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    Much like Classic 2.0 Ironhide's alt mode suffers way too much because the mold is too ambitious.
    Making a cartoon-like G1 Ironhide/Ratchet toy would always be a very ambitious endeavour. The fact is that the cartoon/comics cheated by basically making 2/3 of the vehicle (which became the platform on the robot toy) vanish into thin air. Ratchet's platform was seen briefly in the cartoon and in the comics it was only seen in the very early issues when the art was still predominantly toy-accurate... but for the most part the platforms just disappeared.

In making a cartoon/comic-like Ratchet/Ironhide toy your options are to either:
    1/ Maintain the battle platform. They did this with BotCon Ratchet and Ironhide. Or...
    2/ Incorporate the entire vehicle into the robot form. This is what they did with Universe/Henkei...

But the extra challenge is to try and make the robot form look as cartoon/comic-like as possible; essentially they had to try and hide 2/3 of the vehicle in robot form!! That's a bloody hard job to do! On top of that they had budget limitations (i.e.: it still has to be sold at the Deluxe price point which limits the amount of engineering you can put into it). So taking that into account I think HasTak did a reasonably good job with the mould. Yes, it's kibble-licious... but that's the price of having a "show-accurate" Ironhide for you.

I think Don's design of Ratchet n the DW Generation One comics did a good job of making it look like an Ambulance could turn into the cartoon robot.

He had the top of the ambulance as a type of backpack, with IIRC the rear doors of the ambulance folding up on the back of his lower leg, and the arms thicker to fill up the rest of the gap. I also liked that elements of the lower torso area of the Ratchet toy were incorporated into the lower torso.

(Note:these two posts moved from the Animated discussion thread)
    Last edited by Paulbot; 10th December 2008 at 02:07 PM.

Universe/Henkei Ironhide has a considerable amount of the kibble forming a "backpack" (not quite as neat as in the comics, but it mostly hangs off the back).

I notice that there's now a Legends version of Silverbolt, Fireflight, Skydive and Air Raid. All we need is a Legends Slingshot for another complete set of Aerialbots to go with the Micromaster and Energon repaint ones.

Scored the Springer/Ratbat 2 pack on my trip out west. not a bad pair actually. Alwatys liked both molds in the Cybertron line, so am happy to see them bhack again. Springer was always a favourite character of mine.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Decided to use this thread instead of making a new one...

I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with transforming their Henkei Sunstreaker?

I know you need to rotate the chest piece to reveal the head (see attached, step 17).

However, the chest piece would not rotate fully (i.e. piece becomes "slanted") despite the head being revealed properly all the way. I don't want to exert too much force lest I break something inside.

If this has happened to you, do you have a suggestion on how to fix it?

If this is an issue with the figure's quality, then I have to say I am rather disappointed, since I thought Henkei would be better...

Warning: Henkei Ironhide comes with wet paint on his roof

Be careful when you open him as this is not obvious at first and may be some figures not all.

While I was playing with it I noticed the roof 'sticky' and some small dust and hairs sticking to it as well as finger print marks