Page 12 of 183 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Just recieved my masterpiece ultra magnus (takara, not takara tomy) which was listed as new/sealed on ebay, upon recieving it, heard something rolling, opened it up and the head was rolling around (nothing broken, guess it fell off the ball joint), but yeah, toy WASNT NEW Twist cables were all absent so nothing kept the figure secure inside box, matrix battery was dead and the plastic protecting the cardboard trailer was gone, so the cardboard had some damage to it, at best this toy should of been listed as complete or MIB, i paid $162 aud (inc shipping) for it and i expect NEW. Waiting for the guys response to see if he will partial refund me before i leave neutral/negative feedback. The only good thing about UM is that he looked like he was never transformed (probably used as display piece)

So you remember that friend of mine who had his G1 Trypticon chucked out (then rescued). Today is his wedding... so I've attached this image onto the card! (with some love hearts down the bottom)

Got a long-anticipated Leader Brawl today, but he comes with no instructions and in robot mode...trying to figure out the transformation in reverse from photos and video reviews just about drove me nuts! I've pretty much got it now but
    And Scalpel...Scalpel is just weak. He's almost as bad as Airachnid, only spared from her level of awfulness because he's a lower price point. In the same way that the same line that gave us FE Starscream (well, sorta) and PRiDE Vehicon really should have been able to do a better job of Airachnid, seeing pieces like Bludgeon and Skyhammer and then getting this PoC is really disappointing, especially since there were such great Scouts from RotF.

IMHO this is just endemic of the problem of having toys based on show models. Animators don't know how to design toys and toy designers have to conform to strict limitations. I much prefer the more conventional way where Transformers were made as toys first, then if animators needed to include them, they would make show models based on the already existing toys. But of course, animators would then use "creative licensing" to make the toys look better in the cartoon, and you have some people who whinge about a lack of "show accuracy" <shudder>.

I'd much rather have a better engineered toy that doesn't look as similar to the show model, than have a toy that looks more similar to the show model that's not a well designed toy. And I suspect most kids (the majority demographic) would feel the same.

My Transmetal Megatron Just shattered again, shoulder pad this time. Would be even more pissed if i didn't have a takara version incoming.
    So I spent some time on YouTube watching GPS videos and it go me thinking. Has Hasbro ever offerred official word on this? I'm thinking that because a large number of toys suffer from this and sometimes we pay large money (think G1) or at least inflated prices for toys that disintegrate, are we able to do something as a comunity about this? Some toys were brought at retail that are only now falling apart even though they're not touched and it happens to MISB collectors as well.
    Compensation?

I know TM Megatron isn't GPS but it's close enough. Maybe BPS? Brittle PLastic Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    My Transmetal Megatron Just shattered again, shoulder pad this time. Would be even more pissed if i didn't have a takara version incoming.
    So I spent some time on YouTube watching GPS videos and it go me thinking. Has Hasbro ever offerred official word on this? I'm thinking that because a large number of toys suffer from this and sometimes we pay large money (think G1) or at least inflated prices for toys that disintegrate, are we able to do something as a comunity about this? Some toys were brought at retail that are only now falling apart even though they're not touched and it happens to MISB collectors as well.
    Compensation?

I know TM Megatron isn't GPS but it's close enough. Maybe BPS? Brittle PLastic Syndrome.
    Compensation? - Extremely doubtful and in any case far & away too expensive to even try to pursue.

Sucks to hear about Megs man but indeed it is good at least that you've got a Takara version inbound; I ended up just rubber-banding my busted Megs' arm back into place and have him permanently displayed in Beast mode - perhaps you might consider doing something similar?

Both arms shattered first time out which I managed to glue back together. All good. Then yesterday the pad with the VTOL engine hinge shattered. I'm over trying to repair broken toys. Toys I break due to rough handling, my fault, I'll wear that. Toys that shatter for no reason other then poor design; another matter entirely

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Both arms shattered first time out which I managed to glue back together. All good. Then yesterday the pad with the VTOL engine hinge shattered. I'm over trying to repair broken toys. Toys I break due to rough handling, my fault, I'll wear that. Toys that shatter for no reason other then poor design; another matter entirely
    Agreed, which is why I'm glad that advancements have been made since this bloke came out & why I really do wish that Beast wars characters would get the full-on proper Classicsverse treatment... Sigh, pipe dreams.

Yep, though that seems to have gone backwars lately. New toys that snap as soon as out of package. Repaired then snapped again straight away.
    I'd rather Masterpiece over classicverse to be honest

Nah, you'd be hard pressed to get compensation from Hasbro. The problem with GPS/BPS is that the damage happens years if not decades after the toy has been purchased -- so it's pretty much beyond "warranty" so to speak. Like I bought my G1 Monster Pretenders in 1989, but I never had any problems with them breaking until 2002 -- thirteen years later! I bought Transmetal Megatron in 1998 and didn't have a problem with that until 2005 - seven years after the fact. Most car sellers won't give you a warranty that long, let alone for a mere toy. I guess Hasbro assumes that kids will have "grown out" of toys after 7-13 years of purchasing it. What a silly idea!