Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: September's Stylings

Default September's Stylings

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on Ozformers!

Now let's roll!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Just in time for the Gen2 FOC Bruticus too...

FFC for the PS3 for $17 with a price mach to Big w and after some trades at EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Hoping those were heavily discounted, what with all the vomit on them...

(Love you, G2)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just in time for the Gen2 FOC Bruticus too...
    Oh yeah. might have to get that one. I've still got to buy the game
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    FFC for the PS3 for $17 with a price mach to Big w and after some trades at EB.
    Can't complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Hoping those were heavily discounted, what with all the vomit on them...

(Love you, G2)
    Hehe. yeah i did think that about G2 stuff with all their crazy colour but i'm starting come around. I want to dig g2 megatron out just to sit him next to brawl. I have a real issue keeping the chest plates on, they just don't seem to grab. only on an original G1 it works On all the remakes i've had, the plate just falls out.
    put him together today
    Still not sure what is best, turret forward or behind

Gee... even this old dog learns something new.

I did a a search on google images for Bruticus (to help offer an answer), and I was seeing a lot of recent images of Gen1 Bruticus with Brawl having the tank turret at the back (it was always at the front during Gen1, with the toy photos, cartoon and comic). And now I see why... the artwork on the original boxset and the reissue box always had Brawl backwards.
    I never noticed that, and thanks to the recent reissue boxset having Bruticus artwork on the front (which Gen1 Combaticons never did in Western countries), we only ever saw Bruticus as a toy photo... not the artwork with Brawl backwards.

I had a look on the tfu.info website, but even they have their toy photo with Brawl backwards.
    So I guess it is an official toy-accurate version if the box-art depicts it... even if it may well just be the error of a single artist 20 years ago.

Basically, it is up to you, how you want it to look on your shelf. If you want a Toy/Comic/Cartoon-accurate appearance, refer to this picture, from this page with lots of other pics.
    Oh, and point Brawl's barrel upwards, like a spiked kneecap.

Also note the other way of having Onslaughts arms. Pointing them out the back will give him a sleeker abdomen, similar to how he appears in comics and cartoons, BUT, those arms can sometimes be unstable (especially if the toy is old and loose)... so often people will have the arms by the sides so that they lock in with the legs.
    Again, it can end up being a choice of the collector.

Cheers Griffin. That arm backward trick solved the chest plate not sticking on (i've been doing wrong for years, again) I did think the trio was looking mighty blocky..
    I always had the turret at the back or the same way round as swindle, it wasn't until i saw some more recent artwork that i swapped it around. It does make the foot sit quite forward though, looks like he's walking..... mental note :turrets up

Congrats on g2 bruticus Grock, I'm still looking for onslaughts yellow chest plate for my g2 set coz I got em piecemeal hehehe

Met up yesterday with ispayks at Westfield parra and got my TF prime Dreadwind , he even threw in an accessory kit for a drill effect for my giant figure. Sweet! I'll post pics later
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

received this from Hong Kong today via the postie....

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!