Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your username mean?

BigPenney was my nickname at highschool. It started off as just Penney and then when my little brother came to the highschool it was changed to Big Penney and he became Little Penney . And because I lack imagination and I'm so use to being called BigPenney it's just what I end up using for fourms.
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

LINT was the name I used to call all my characters back in the old gameboy games days when they only offered you 4-5 character spaces to write your name. Probably stems a bit from the default LINK from Zelda games and my underlying amusement by pocket lint.

There's a joke in BigPenney's story there somewhere!

TheDirtyDigger: Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ. (T_T)

It was back in the nineties, and Beast Wars Sky Shadow was the first Transformer ever bought for me by a girlfriend. She came home one day with a Sky Shadow and it soon became one of my favourite Transformers toys (and he also had one of the best tech-specs profiles of his era.) Before that, I had the sort of Grimlockbunchofnumbers username that was so generic that even I can't remember it anymore, but after that, 'Sky Shadow' just kind of stuck.

(Great topic. And I can't wait to hear the complex stories about how Griffin, Paulbot, Blackie and Robzy got their names... )

Yep, I'm one of the few (as noted at lunch today) with a username related to my actual name.

I'm Paul and I think I'm one of the guy guys hence "bot".

I signed up for Tripod with Paulbot (back in the days where Transformers had names like that and Tripod was the website building place to be) and have stuck with it as a username in many places since then.

my username is a reflection of how lazy i can be sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    LINT was the name I used to call all my characters back in the old gameboy games days when they only offered you 4-5 character spaces to write your name. Probably stems a bit from the default LINK from Zelda games and my underlying amusement by pocket lint.
    So it doesnt come from having a lot of naval lint??
    i guess thats just happens only to me then...

Well, im a BRUTe and I sure CUSs a lot in all sorts of languages... even when i was small.
    The similarities in names with the G1 gestalt is just a remote coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahhak View Post
    Zahhak is name from an old persian myth/story, (im from iran you see) Zahhak was a king you was tricked by ahriman(a deamon/god of darkness) and subsequintly had two snakes grow out of his shoulders. He then had to feed the snakes a brain everyday or they would eat his. Oh and if you cut them they grow back yadda yadda yadda.
    hmmm in Filipino Fiction Mythos ( comics superheroes/ villains) this sounds like Zuma, although his origins are more Aztec as he feeds on virgin hearts and he has two boas on his shoulders, he sired two mutant kids who rebelled against him coz Zuma is evil - Galema who has 2 white serpent on her shoulders whose venom can kill Zuma and Dino ( head of serpent, body of man big serpent tail and claws to boot.)

As for me liegeprime

liege - the titular given to the big bossbot for decepticons ( either that or lord)
    prime - the titular given to the big bossbot for autobots ( either that or - hey you! )

I like decepticons better, I collected Decepticons first in most of the lines before moving to the Autos - even in Gi Joes I prefer Cobras ( thats another toyline though) so I placed liege ahead of prime instead of vice versa.

One back draw is it twists the tongue of some other members at first which I find amusing as they at times refer to me as Liger, or ligier - which is of course from Zoids and Jap mirage respectively. Both of which is WRRROOOOOONG! FUSION BLAST to the Cab!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

"Blink", as in Blink 182, and "90210", as in Beverley Hills 90210. Two of my guilty pleasures from the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    One back draw is it twists the tongue of some other members at first which I find amusing as they at times refer to me as Liger, or ligier - which is of course from Zoids and Jap mirage respectively. Both of which is WRRROOOOOONG! FUSION BLAST to the Cab!
    As an English teacher, I like the way that your board name contains an i-before-e word, but in real life, you have an e-before-i name. (English - the language that brought us such varying pronunciations of the same letter group as 'ought, 'through', 'cough', 'thorough', 'tough', 'dough', 'plough' and 'hiccough'. Ain't it grand?)