Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1727323334353637

Thread: Transformers references in other media

On tonight at 10pm on SBS channel 31, a documentary on cartoons, with episode 2 (After these Messages) noting Transformers in the description.
    https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/tv-series/stay-tooned

The episode is about consumerism (cartoons selling stuff), so it could be talking about cartoons like Transformers that were just 20 minute commercials... or maybe the merchandise that was created to cash in on cartoons.

I signed up to SBS on demand, and have started watching the episode, and it talks about the commercials during cartoons that aimed to sell stuff to kids... but they do talk a bit about Transformers, as the 80s are featured.

They had Will Anderson on the 'Will & Woody' radio show on Thursday. They were discussing the Barbie movie. Will Anderson said Barbie needed a stronger male than Ken to compliment her and that he would like to see her dating Optimus Prime in the next movie. He said that could spawn another 45 movies

I'm watching an animation series called Zhen Hun Jie. In episode 5 of season 1, the clueless protagonist is trying to summon the powerful guardian spirit in her. She references She-Ra, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and finishes with "Transform!"

Later, in the episode, she kills Optimus Prime (just kidding, yuk yuk.)

Saw an ad for tonight’s episode of Desert Masters. Contestants having to make a desert inspired by a movie, one contestant was inspired by Transformers and the host/judge commenting “this better bumble-be good”.

I might have got a bit carried away rewriting this article for PerthNow:

An army of transformers is being rolled out to help Western Power fight outages ahead of “potential extreme weather conditions” over summer.

Western Power hopes it’s got the touch with improvements to 70 distribution transformers in the South West Interconnected System, including 43 in the Perth and Peel region.

Distribution transformers convert the high voltage used in power lines to a lower voltage that is suitable for residential use and are a vital part of the electricity grid, helping to light households’ darkest hour.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I might have got a bit carried away rewriting this article for PerthNow:

An army of transformers is being rolled out to help Western Power fight outages ahead of “potential extreme weather conditions” over summer.

Western Power hopes it’s got the touch with improvements to 70 distribution transformers in the South West Interconnected System, including 43 in the Perth and Peel region.

Distribution transformers convert the high voltage used in power lines to a lower voltage that is suitable for residential use and are a vital part of the electricity grid, helping to light households’ darkest hour.
    I knew you had it in ya, kid!

Paramount Plus add featuring Bayverse Optimus and Scourge.

I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.