Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: The motorsport thread. (car, bike and sim motorsport)

Bit of a joke of a race. Made Formula One look like WWE. If I were Max I wouldn't be fully satisfied with that victory

In my headcanon it balances out. Many race decisions didn't go Max's way throughout the season so this levels it out.

In practical terms Perez or Tsunoda should have got Driver of the Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Even Mazepin.
    You need help lol

Ah so they let lapped cars through but this time only the cars between 1st and 2nd

From the analysis I've read and heard by people that actually read the F1 rule book (that thing must induce sleep in most of its readers), Masi did everything within the rules. Especially since there's actually a rule that pretty much lets him do whatever he feels is appropriate and override other rules as long as it's safe. Also, the teams agreed earlier this year Masi should do everything possible to not let a race end under a safety car or VSC. It sounds like Lewis was a victim of an agreement between the teams and the very nuts F1 rulebook.

Merc doesn't seem to really have a leg to stand on with that rule being in the book that lets Masi make things up as it goes. They would be better off using those barristers they brought with them to Abu Dhabi to lobby for rule changes to future seasons than trying to overturn Max as champion.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Like Delta alluded to, when you can bend the rules, investigate yourself, admit that you got it wrong (as the stewards did), then absolve yourself because you made the rules, it's not going to end well for Merc.

I've been doing oval racing in the last couple of weeks, including the iRacing Daytona 500. (All 4 hours of it).

It's pretty tense having a train of cars drafting centimetres from each other at 300kph around the Daytona Superspeedway. It's been a really cool experience.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just realised when I went to check in on the Supercars today that the Gen 3 cars are delayed to next year.