Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD - The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Yoda’s fight with Palestine was very ordinary. I vaguely recall reading that the destruction of the Jedi order only hours before ruined him mentally and emotionally and he could not wield his Sabre to i his full potential.

That and i think they wanted to show Palestine as being a supremely powerful force user as well as master manipulator...

Or we are all over thinking this and Lucas and the other Star Wars writers have been given too much credit post film release!
    Please...don't let this turn into a Palestine vs Israel thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post

Instead of a hologram, how about he flew an x-wing and completely outclassed everyone (including Poe) bringing him back to what he was originally known for, his unrivalled kickass flying ability. THEN go all Obi wan no-clothes.
    Was he though? I mean all he ever did in the movies was fly the Deathstar trench and use the force to drop some proton torpedoes, while clearly a skilled pilot he never really evidenced dog fighting skills on the same level as Poe Dameron, Anakin or Wedge Antilles even. Lets not forget at the battle of Hoth Wedge is the one who flies around the ATAT and topples it, not to mention his exploits at the battle of Endor.

Luke's up there, but I'd argue the above three plus Han Solo are actually more skilled pilots, and with the exception of Anakin they don't use the Force.

So looks like most cinemas are kicking this out at the end of this current movie week, only a four week run for most cinemas... is his a big “up yours” to Disney for all the hoops and rigmarole they’ve had to put up with? I know January can be crowded but Thor Ragnarok seems to be going out this week too and it has been showing for at least an extra month.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I wouldn’t read much into it, movies go for a month at most nowadays, usually the big blockbusters. Some barely last a fortnight.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So looks like most cinemas are kicking this out at the end of this current movie week, only a four week run for most cinemas... is his a big “up yours” to Disney for all the hoops and rigmarole they’ve had to put up with? I know January can be crowded but Thor Ragnarok seems to be going out this week too and it has been showing for at least an extra month.
    Thor was so much more fun to watch and I regret didn't going to cinema for this.

Rian Johnson has stated he be making his own Star Wars trilogy which I am quite reluctant to support seeing how he tells the story is quite poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I wouldn’t read much into it, movies go for a month at most nowadays, usually the big blockbusters. Some barely last a fortnight.

I recall going to see The Force Awakens in early Feb 2016 as it was just about to leave cinemas, so you might be onto something.

I might pop in for viewing #4 this week then.

TLJ has left me immensely excited not only for Episode IX but even more so for Rian Johnson's own trilogy. Out of all the films I'm currently tossing up whether it's my second or third favourite (ESB a clear winner, can't decide if I like TLJ more than ANH).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I want to see it again in cinemas but have been distracted. Thought I had at least another week or two, but will need to lock this in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Yes, his hologram was very cool and must have been very powerful but throughout most of the movie and his actions he never really felt like 'Luke'.
    I liked the way they went with it. Perhaps young Young Luke would&ve been all gung-ho slashy slash, but thorughout his dealings with Rey, he talks about not being able to live up to the image of the "Legendary" Jedi Luke. To me, this is a Luke who has grown, learned and in the process lost his confidence of how much he can do.
    I think the movie added a lot of depth to Luke's character.
    At the end, he does what he thinks is the best course of action, and even though at the end of TLJ, it doesn't seem like much, I am sure it will play out to more later on.

Star wars

This is released for bluray in the coming weeks.

Very excited - the bundle features 14 deleted scenes, a 95 minute long Making Of doco, and full director audio commentary for the film.

I didn't bother with any of the home releases of Rogue One or The Force Awakens due to a dearth of special features and behind the scenes stuff, but this seems fairly content packed.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.