Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Watching season 2 of The Windsors on Netflix. It’s a spoof comedy about the British Royal Family and Princess Eugene or Beatrice (can’t remember which one) was wearing a gold Autobot logo hat.

In The Daily Telegraph today an article talked about baby names that are becoming more popular and one of the ones listed was ‘Orion’

Looks like I’m not the only nutter who names their son after an up & coming Autobot leader

Not an actual Transformers reference, but the timing is coincidental.
    Kia have a new sports car out this year called the Stinger and the marketing images on TV and online are of a red version.
    It is said to have been in development since 2014... but I didn't see when the name was officially given to it though.
    But would there really be any cashing in on a one off movie character from 4 years ago.... probably not.
    Now if they did a yellow hatchback and called it the Bumblebee, that would probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not an actual Transformers reference, but the timing is coincidental.
    Kia have a new sports car out this year called the Stinger and the marketing images on TV and online are of a red version.
    It is said to have been in development since 2014... but I didn't see when the name was officially given to it though.
    But would there really be any cashing in on a one off movie character from 4 years ago.... probably not.
    Now if they did a yellow hatchback and called it the Bumblebee, that would probably work.
    What's even funnier about this is the Hasbro head office in Sydney is above a Kia dealership that has their windows plastered with their Stinger branding. I quietly chuckle every day when I drive past it.

The last two episodes of The Good Place (Kristen Bell, Ted Danson, on Netflix, highly recommended) have had Transformers jokes.

No clips because both include big spoilers for the show, but the references were:

When told there would be a special vehicle one character asked if it would be Optimus Prime, and then called "Right nipple" which he explained is calling Shotgun when riding in Optimus Prime.

In last week episodes we learnt about a body spray that makes you smell like watching Transformers movies make you feel. Asks one character "why do you smell loud and confusing?"

I'd like to think the "Goldbug" item in Monster Hunter World is a TF reference, which is highly unlikely, but at least in my headcanon it's a TF reference.

The new Volkswagen commercial playing on TV here in the last week... with a boy in a party costume that transforms into a yellow VW sedan... is just the right yellow to make me think of Bumblebee - which might not be a coincidence, as there was probably some cross-promotional agreements with their involvement in the Bumblebee movie. So even though there is no mention of Transformers or the Movie in the commercial, the concept and colours were probably intentional so that it was in people's minds when the Bumblebee movie comes out later this year.

Was listening to a very old Jimeoin CD yesterday when doing the home brew and he did a skit I had completely forgotten.

We had a shower in our house and a bath but it wasn't a bath. You would hook up this thing and it would turn the shower into a bath. It was a transformer.

(Singing)Transformers, showers in disguise.

Imagine getting one of those for your kid for Christmas "But you said you wanted a Transformer"

Couple of contestants around the table in MKR said they liked Transformers. It was a general discussion about movies and was along the line of "Transformers". "Yeahhhhhh".

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Couple of contestants around the table in MKR said they liked Transformers. It was a general discussion about movies and was along the line of "Transformers". "Yeahhhhhh".
    they were talking about Petra in Jordan and someone mentioned Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade as the cliff face was in that and then the others mentioned Transformers as well.