Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Ashildr is back for the next two weeks, this will also be time to say goodbye to Jenna!
    I saw that on the wiki page, and I don't know if it is common knowledge, but I didn't want to mention it in case it was a spoiler.

I didn't know! Didn't want to know!

Clara dying just like that was pffft...

Good Clara is dead, never really liked her. I prefer Amy Pond she was way way better.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

That was probably the most boring episode ever... I actually fast-forwarded some bits. 45 minutes of pretty much just him walking around talking to himself, which didn't need all that time for the payoff in the last 2 minutes. It made the latter 6th doctor stories masterpieces in comparison.

The 30 second preview for next week was more exciting... and some of that story should have been part of this episode - like after 25 minutes of monotonous rambling.

When Capaldi does voice over talking, he sounds just like Tom Baker (to me).

YAYYY Underwater Menace was released this week in Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    ...pretty much just him walking around talking to himself,
    Walking and talking describes most of the current season. The occasional speech punctuates the climax of each episode and I appreciate how an older Capaldi adds much needed gravitas to the character but I miss the action. I miss the mania of Eccleston and alien chases.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Tedious. That's pretty much the word I'd use to sum up this rather lacklustre season of Doctor Who. I find myself watching each new ep out of obligation rather than anticipation now.

The finale was great. Watched it twice today, iview when I got up and on TV tonight. Few more things noticed on a second viewing. Happy with the conclusion although its a bit sad, like how it played with expectations a lot. Weekest part was not naming a certain character earlier on but that was something else not too bad on second viewing. Also backed up my thought a few weeks ago about not taking everything you see as conclusive when theres more eps to go! The rumour I most liked seemed not to be true after all but I can see how the season was building up to a certain conclusion. Wouldn't mind more stand alone eps next season.

Fast forwarding parts of last week's episode? Thought it was great to see the shjow do something different. Although it reminded me a bit of the game ICO in parts.

The finale was excellent. That gravitas I mentioned earlier was here in full force.
    Was there a preview of the Christmas Special afterwards? I think I missed it.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.