Thread: Wave 2 POTP Legends revealed including combined mode

Default Wave 2 POTP Legends revealed including combined mode

The three toys that we almost revealed at the Australian toy event in Sydney ten days ago (Tailgate, Battleslash, Roadtrap), have now been shown off by a toy store in Singapore... including the combined mode of the two Duocons.

It's a shame that we didn't get the official reveal of these toys, but Hasbro America wanted to wait until February's New York Toyfair... and these wave 2 toys were never going to remain secret until then. As we can see, these toys were going to be released in Asia well before NY Toyfair, and if that didn't happen, the usual Chinese leakers would have shown them off anyway.

Glad to see that our imaginations were right and they do combine. And doesn't look half bad for a 2 robot combined mode

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Glad to see that our imaginations were right and they do combine. And doesn't look half bad for a 2 robot combined mode
    On the train trip home from Sydney I realised where I had seen that kind of connector before - with the combiner-force 2 pack toys

What's happening inside my head atm

Nice to see they can combine but shame it's not springloaded like the originals. I *really* hope that means we will see Flywheels which was my favourite Duocon. Probably not with that name though as there are existing toys by that name
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I'm actually glad they're not springloaded, to be honest. It'd inhibit the playability / poseability. I'm super excited to grab both Duocons!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

bowspearer Guest

Really don't see a problem with this. Duocon technology always implied a spark had been bisected and placed within each vehicle (shared consciousness). As such, it's not unreasonable to think that each vehicle had its own individual sentience. From there, it's a simple matter of either the transforming cog being either modified to allow for two transformations, or an additional transforming cog being installed to allow for each vehicle to have its own robot mode as well as being part of the combined robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    On the train trip home from Sydney I realised where I had seen that kind of connector before - with the combiner-force 2 pack toys
    Cross-line compatibility? But... but...