Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime Teaser Footage

I'm loving the general fan reaction of "its movie designs and it replaced Animated season 4 so I'm not excited".

To be fair I won't be nearly as interested without a supporting toyline, because that's what I'm really in this for.

And I hope we do get a toyline - Cliffjumper looks pretty cool.

Hasbro seems to be making the same mistake as they did with Animated. Having the cartoon run for a full season or more without any toys on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Had that problem too. See if you can view it from here.
    Yep, that worked for me. Thanks !

Very early days but it looks ok... they seem to have ticked many boxes on my wish list such as:

Peter Cullen voicing Prime
    Frank Welker *possibly* voicing Megatron
    Bumblebee didn't yell "Transform" (though this may change)
    No gimmicks so far (such as Minicons etc...)

One concern is (and I admit it is most likley a bit early to read much into it) is Bumblebee attacking two Decepticons doing not much at all. It does bring back thoughts of the ROTF "script" ...

I just hope Bumblebee can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post
    Yep, that worked for me. Thanks !

Very early days but it looks ok... they seem to have ticked many boxes on my wish list such as:

Peter Cullen voicing Prime
    Frank Welker *possibly* voicing Megatron
    Bumblebee didn't yell "Transform" (though this may change)
    No gimmicks so far (such as Minicons etc...)

You can tick that other box re: Megatron as well - WELKER IS DOING MEGATRON!!! which got me really excited when I saw the clip in TFW -
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...scenes-170264/

brings back a lot of good memories all the time. Never ceases to amaze me. These guys are living legends!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Meh.
    The actual animating is smooth, so they move like they should.
    The transformation looks shoddy and the super-zoom mid-transformation looks like it is trying to hide a swap out of models.

It does look a lot better then the other computer animated shows out there, but it still a bit poor. I think some of the guys at my uni could do about the same.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

It looks pretty cool for a WIP clip, and with the appealing character designs I am starting to like the look of prime. Fingers crossed the script doesn't turn out to be bollocks.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Movie look to the characters is probably why there aren't any toys... at least for the launch of the show in October. Since we haven't seen any toy concepts at all, there probably won't be any toys for at least a year (which would be after TF3).
    The designs will at least be able to sell the Movie toys, and the Movie toys will help sell TFs:Prime, without having to produce a whole new range of toys. Kids and parents will still recognise the forms in the toys as being in the Movie and Prime and buy them reguardless of what the packaging says.
    Agreed with this on the toyline. They'll just have the regular movie toys stay on the shelf. Which is a smart move to have some sort of ongoing show. They can't count on just the movie until the 3rd one comes along.

Downside for collectors is that variety is going to be very select. For me it'll be generations and taktom releases.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Technically, the animation looks good, but I'm annoyed they're going with Bayverse designs. That alone kills my interest in the series.
    Yup, I was hopeful when I heard that Cullen and Welker had been hired for this series that they might actually get something right. Sadly no.

I am disappoint.

There seems to be a fair bit of disappointment based on the trailer alone. This reminds me of another Transformers series... I wonder which one it is
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]