Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I was reading the thread on TFW at lunch and there seems to be a lot more consternation about that there than on here.
    I'm not convinced all the panel lines are transformation based but could just be mould detail. That's why I'm not getting bent out of shape over it.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Seems like with version 3, TT has a more animation model accurate bot mode but sacrificed animation accurate transformation in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Well...to be fair neither MP1 nor MP10 were 100% animation accurate in transformation, but clearly V3 has thrown it out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I don't mind complex transformations where it's necessary.

But yeah, simplicity is not a design fault, it's the result of refinement. MP Laserwave is one of my favorite MPs so far.
    Nearly all Masterpieces lack animation-accurate transformations in order to get better robot mode proportions or articulation. It's really because the Floro Dery character models are simple for the sake of ease of drawing, and they didn't have to be physical objects that could actually transform. Now that TakaraTOMY seem dedicated to the maximum possible degree of fidelity to those models, the engineers have to design all these extra steps in order to get a realistic vehicle to turn into something that wasn't designed to transform.

I'd say the most accurate ones in terms of transformation are the seeker mould, Grimlock, the Datsun mould, Shockwave, and Inferno/Grapple, and all of those have extra twists and turns. In particular, Shockwave had the advantage of having an animation model that was very faithful to the original toy, so its transformation could be very close to the original toy and animation. It needed extra steps to give it thicker legs and to incorporate the muzzle of the gun, though.

I like it better than the 2.0 doesn't look short amd stumpy

They’re really going for that ‘86 movie headsculpt aren’t they?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Looking at this image the whole chest area of Optimus (windows + grill) are different to the vehicle mode windows and grill. Does this mean his whole torso is folded in to bring out the truck bits?

I don't mind if that's the case I suppose since it happens with some of his other figures. Just curious how much of the truck is actually visible in his robot body.

I'm wondering if the extra lines on the current images are just part of the engineering of the initial model rather than the final version of the toy.
    It will be interesting to see if/how that evolves when the next set of imagery is released.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

All looks okay but I am afraid to ask, how’s the rear looks like?

Dengeki Hobby is reporting a 2019 release and that the figure will also include a voice gimmick:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/585258/

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

nick pick on the waist body rear is not uniformed blend in

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I'm probably in the minority but I would prefer if the Masterpiece line was rebooted back to the MP1 scale. There's heft to MP1 Convoy figure that's lacking from the MP10 version. Add some improved articulation for better action poses. That would be a wallet / purse / man bag / shove it down your jocks (if that's your thing) destroying direction.
    MP-1 is too small, MP-10 oversized to 71cm and chock full of diecast is where it's at!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHNKCODov04