Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Transformers movie sequels and spin-offs to come?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    all but First Class
    Heh, I dunno, his one line cameo kinda stole the show there a little.

I'd like to see the origin of the Megatron/Optimus rivalry, and I have a feeling we'll get a "genesis" story somewhere along the lines, explaining how the Cybertronians came about, before Optimus meets the creators (might end up being the same movie, flashback city)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Some news sites seem to have latched on to Bumblebee and posted this news with speculative titles asking if Bumblebee could be getting his own movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me... Bumblebee is like the Wolverine of the X-Men movies - who has pretty much been the central character of the ensemble cast of all but First Class, and then milked further to have two of his own movies, yet none of the other X-Men has even had one of their own.

At least in TF4, Optimus was the main Autobot/Transformer, so Bumblebee took a back seat... and it was a little more refreshing like First Class movie (until the dragged-out, confusing plot of TF4 took over).
    I'm tired of Bumblebee in the movies - unless it was some origin story set on Cybertron which ends with Megs ripping out his voicebox I'd be very uninterested (though would still go and see it)

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Heh, I dunno, his one line cameo kinda stole the show there a little.
    Yeah, when he told Xavier and Eric to f'off - that was my fav part of the flick

I was talking with a Transformer loving friend who is not on the boards the other day and he brought up an interesting point. With Michael Bay's preference for hoomans, and the robots playing second fiddle he is surprised that they haven't gone down the headmasters route, except with hoomans then taking over the transformers and then the movie can be even more hooman centric.

We then laughed at how silly it was when Marky Mark rescued his daughter and somehow managed to work out how to use alien weapons and turn from nerdy inventor to total bad ass. BTW what inventor/scientist has arms like that? It's like in Ted where he plays a stoner but he is totally ripped, I found that harder to believe then the teddy bear that had come to life.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I was talking with a Transformer loving friend who is not on the boards the other day and he brought up an interesting point. With Michael Bay's preference for hoomans, and the robots playing second fiddle he is surprised that they haven't gone down the headmasters route, except with hoomans then taking over the transformers and then the movie can be even more hooman centric.
    Imma let you finish, but Masterforce was one of the best Transformers shows of all time!

So in theory humans with transectors could actually work as a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Imma let you finish, but Masterforce was one of the best Transformers shows of all time!

well that could be the next step for KSI, I mean they had the control chair and everything, next logical step would be to shove that into an unsuspecting Transformer....

I think they should do a movie where Galvatron is hiding out by pretending to be Sandra Bullock.

I wanna see him just as he looked in TF4, but done up in a evening gown on the set of Miss Congeniality 3

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

As long as Bay isn't involved I'm sure it could work quite successfully.

Oh and Master is awesome
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

The writers have been gathered, and are now working on story ideas for Movie and TV projects. With 12 or 13 writers now hired for the project, it sounds like each writer will end up being tasked with their own story project, that will be approved or rejected by a collaboration of "Producers" that includes Paramount, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and Hasbro.
    That means that if all of them come back with a story that the producers like, we could be seeing at least 12 different movie and TV projects in the pipeline.

That's Grand plans indeed... which if that happens, it pretty much guarantees at least another 15-20 years to the franchise of Transformers.

It's good that this story room will be generating ideas for future movies. Akiva Goldsman described a pretty interesting way for the team to start, too.

Twelve treatments doesn't necessarily mean 12 movies or TV shows - it's possible that elements from treatments could be combined to create a screenplay. Still, it's a lot of potential content, which shows Paramount is serious about expanding this franchise.

Megatran Guest

The spin-off movie is currently showing on Channel Eleven. Coneheads.