Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brutal Doom V19

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Quake 1 is the result of the team being split on what direction to take the next game after Doom II/Final Doom; half wanted to make a Lovecraftian 3D FPS, whilst the rest just wanted to do another straight-up FPS, some internal issues occurred and when the deadline loomed they simply mashed the assets they had together and the rest is history.

Quake III Arena was indeed a competitive multiplayer FPS, whose level design very much revolved around an "Arena" style and the game played as much too - Coincidentally it came out round about the same time as the 1st Unreal Tournament, which also followed the same concepts as Q3A - Copycats or just brilliant minds thinking alike?
    Dude! your collection! Wth?? that's amazing... I found my old box of g1ers at my old's but they are mostly broke/faded bad...that's just epic well done!

Remember the old Doom IDSPISPOPD No clipping cheat? . Made the game easier when you could just walk through walls instead of collecting keys and could take shelter from enemies by leaving the room from any point.

Well back in the day, I had one of those Doom editors that would let you change stats like hitpoints in the game. My favourite thing to do was to set the enemies to have "no-clipping" instead!

You could then fire one shot and every monster that "heard" it would come after you as programmed, but now they wouldn't be stopped by walls or doors, and you had nowhere to "hide". Was pretty fun and made regular levels basically impossible to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Remember the old Doom IDSPISPOPD No clipping cheat? . Made the game easier when you could just walk through walls instead of collecting keys and could take shelter from enemies by leaving the room from any point.

Well back in the day, I had one of those Doom editors that would let you change stats like hitpoints in the game. My favourite thing to do was to set the enemies to have "no-clipping" instead!

You could then fire one shot and every monster that "heard" it would come after you as programmed, but now they wouldn't be stopped by walls or doors, and you had nowhere to "hide". Was pretty fun and made regular levels basically impossible to complete.
    Hehe, I remember when that sort of thing would occur due to glitches within the shareware versions! - It always seemed to be the Lost Souls & Imps oddly enough, but having it on permanently AND open to all the Hell Spawn definitely would've made things interesting.

I sure do remember "IDSPISPOPD" too, as well as it being an utter pain to recall! - I also remember being relieved with Doom 2 swapping it out for "IDCLIP".

lol, those were the days, to do something abnormal, all you had to do was find a cheat sheet somewhere...these days they try to pass that off as 'dlc' what a load..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn2J4Loe57g
    A link to the updated V20 of brutal doom... looks so good lol... I was reading somewhere that the new reboot of doom coming up takes a lot of ideas from them.. Apparently, being able to do Mortal Kombat style fatalities and such... Supposed to be going back to the old ways of just non stop killing action like the originals haha and apparently no reloading weapons just like the good old days! Bethesda have taken the reigns on this one and I can't wait!