Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any motorcyclists out there?

Default Any motorcyclists out there?

I'm just starting to learn how to ride and was wondering if there any any motorbike riders/ owners on here? I'd love to see some bikes if there's any other riders. I'm yet to buy a bike but keen to see what everyone rides.

I'm considering it for when I finish uni (finally) in a few years because it's easier to find parking for them in the city + I'd imagine it'd be a quicker commute.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Father won't let me

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I'd imagine it'd be a quicker commute.
    Only if you weave between cars like a fool.

This is something that I have been wanting to do for some time. Driving the car to the train station every morning can be rather cumbersome.

ive got my licence, dont have a bike at the moment though. But this is what I did have

In my opinion you dont need to duck and weave through traffic for quicker commute as when doing this through traffic can be very nerve racking for a beginner.
    However all that you need to do for a quicker commute is get to the start of the lights when traffic is at a red light.
    Which is easy when all the traffic is stopped, i usually just rode past everyone on the left hand side and its even easier when there is a bike lane which you are legally allowed to use for up to 50 metres.

You have to also remember that the commute maybe shorter but you spend a bit longer gearing up before every ride and then taking it off again.

This is my ride for the moment, a VTR250. I love it! Everyday I daydream about the weekend where I can swing a leg over and ride off into the distance. I can't wait until I can get something bigger with a bit more mumbo and do some serious touring.

Nice ride Loophole, that Ninja was one of the bikes I considered too.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Which is easy when all the traffic is stopped, i usually just rode past everyone on the left hand side and its even easier when there is a bike lane which you are legally allowed to use for up to 50 metres.

You have to also remember that the commute maybe shorter but you spend a bit longer gearing up before every ride and then taking it off again.
    Bike riders are also permitted to use Bus lanes, unless they are specifically labelled BUS ONLY.

I am not a temporary Australian, though I have been tempted at times, I have a couple friends though who have pretty much convinced me it's not worth the pain, since they have broken a few bikes and bones over the years.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I have overseas bike license and used to ride a C70... :P

A couple of nice bikes there guys. I really want this to be my first bike, but the budget atm is a bit slim to drop on this.. but she's real purdy.